1.    #1  
    My IT admin at the office has been able to enable me to MANUALLY SYNC my Treo 650 with my email and calendar directly from the server. This was after several days of trial and error. Not an easy task, but we have been able to figure it out. Now, it works great.

We have Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and have installed Service Pack 2 in order to enable this.

However, according to my IT Admin, in order to achieve true PUSH email ability, the Treo 650 is not able to take advantage of this. This is his understanding from reading several pieces of literature.

I am no teckie, so I have the following question/comment....can the Treo 650 be updated via a softward update in order to take advantage of the PUSH email capabilities of Service Pack 2, or is this a hardware issue where a new Treo would have to be purchased? In connection with this, if I or my IT admin is incorrect, how do you configure the PUSH capabilities of SP2 and the Treo 650.

Secondly, if my IT admin is correct, then I am really upset. I believe, as I am sure others on this board believe, that when the Treo 650 came out, the marketing materials clearly implied that this PUSH technology would be available. Even thought it wasn't specifically said, that was my inference.

Can anyone please respond to this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcpa
    However, according to my IT Admin, in order to achieve true PUSH email ability, the Treo 650 is not able to take advantage of this. This is his understanding from reading several pieces of literature.

I am no teckie, so I have the following question/comment....can the Treo 650 be updated via a softward update in order to take advantage of the PUSH email capabilities of Service Pack 2, or is this a hardware issue where a new Treo would have to be purchased? In connection with this, if I or my IT admin is incorrect, how do you configure the PUSH capabilities of SP2 and the Treo 650.
    The push capability will be available to Windows Mobile 5 devices in the 1st quarter of 2006 via a device firmware update. I've heard of no plans for such an update for the PalmOS Treo.

Having said that, if your IT folk can enable IMAP on your Exchange server you can use Chatter for true push e-mail to the Treo.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Chatter's OWA plugin can do true push with Exchange 2000 or 2003, if you've got a CDMA phone (Sprint/Verizon).

Marc
    The push email option for Exchange requires SP2 (out already) the Messaging Security Feature Pack for Exchange (out Jan, last I heard) and a Windows Mobile 5 smartphone. You will still be able to get your mail via the 'old' ActiveSync, but the Treo will not take advantage of the new features in MSFP when it is released.
    Blackberry Connect is also suppose to be out 1Q06 giving the Treo push e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Blackberry Connect is also suppose to be out 1Q06 giving the Treo push e-mail.
    That is assuming you already have BES in place or using BIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    That is assuming you already have BES in place or using BIS.
    That's also assuming your carrier has approved/certified/validated Blackberry Connect on their specific device. From what I've heard, each carrier makes their own decision on BBC. Folks think 'hey Palm and RIM have announced Blackberry Connect; cool - now I can hook up to the BES'. Not so fast kimosabe - all Treos are not the same, and each model (Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, etc) has to have BBC approved by that carrier.

Ya just might wanna tap the brakes on that whole Blackberry Connect scene a little bit. Do a little investigation first.....
    We do run BES and from what our purchasing department said Cingular is going to offer it in 1Q06.
    Chatter Chatter Chatter been using it for many years. I love it.
    I have the Beta for OWA and have yet to get it to cnnect. Since it seems it is based on Nexlink that may be my problem. I could never get that to work and sent logs on my login info to the developer. At this point Activesync works perfectly for me. I get my e-mails every 5 minutes which is fine. BB Connect will basically Save battery life, allow calendar invites and corporate addres look up along with push.
    txschafers - I haven't heard from you in a while, I think. Are you even on the OWA mailing list? There are only 1-2 out of 35 who have had problems connecting.

Marc