Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I finally settled on using the 1Gb SD card from my camera..I'll save the 2Gb and 4Gb for something else...

I moved a bunch of apps to the SD card and Card Info says I have 753Mb available on the card...

BackupMan is still on the phone and has it's folder on the card, but any attempt to backup generates an error message System Backup Failed - There is not enough space left on the volume.

This begs the discussion...if a hot-sync creates a backup, and most of my apps are on the card...why backup to the card at all?
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Backupman has worked well for me (luckily).

1. I'm away from my desktops alot. Backupman makes sure that new entries I've made will not be lost should I suffer from a crash.

2. I can restore individual files.

3. I have read that the default Palm Hotsync copies many, but not all files - not a true "backup".

Regarding your error: Since your SD card was used on a digcam; perhaps consider copying the SD contents to your PC, reformat the SD card using your PC / Palm, then copy the contents back on?
    BackupMan restores your Treo to exaxtly the way it was before a hard reset. Or if you have ever had to exchange you treo for a new one, you walk into the Srint store, pull out the SD card from the old phone & pop it into the new phone & you're good to go without missing a beat.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I've never had a problem getting everything back and have needed to use it several times. I always recomend running a manual backup before installing any new software.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    BackupMan restores your Treo to exaxtly the way it was before a hard reset. Or if you have ever had to exchange you treo for a new one, you walk into the Srint store, pull out the SD card from the old phone & pop it into the new phone & you're good to go without missing a beat.
    I have have done the same in the past...however, if the hot-sync backup is sufficient and I hot-sync two or three times a day...is the backup overkill?
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    Since your SD card was used on a digcam; perhaps consider copying the SD contents to your PC, reformat the SD card using your PC / Palm, then copy the contents back on?
    BM worked fine for me prior to the new card..

I did format it before loading anything on it...That said, I did as you suggested and it backs up just fine now!! Thanks!
    Last edited by MikeM; 12/22/2005 at 09:03 PM.
    Technology Rules!
    I guedd that backing up several times/day is OK assuming you're entering lots of info during the day. I hotsync a few times/wk but have BackupMan do its thing scheduled backup each morning @3 am.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Read my blog posting regarding why I think Hotsync isn't a good reliable back up solution.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws