1.    #1  
    Hi All --

I've searched, but haven't found what I need. I'm getting my palm (Treo 650) replaced by Sprint. Simultaneously, I want to move the computer I'm synching on from work to home. I haven't synched to my home computer in a long time, and it's out of date (possibly including an old version of palm desktop).

My question: What files do I need to move from work to home so that my new (reset) palm will synch at home and get all the apps/data/etc. that existed on my work PC?

I know I could sync the new palm to my work PC (to get the new palm back to current) and then sync at home, but that's not a possibility here (leaving work for holidays, wanting scrabble/tetris/calendar/pics/etc. back on my palm for holidays).

Any suggestions? I was thinking I could move the WD folder, in Handspring, and try syncing where computer overwrites palm? Maybe first install most current palm desktop at home then try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan
    If i were you, and if you have an SD card, I would download a demo of BackupMan and backup your Treo to the SD card. Also Move all your pics and movies to the card manually.

When you get your new Treo, just pop the card in and do a Sync. Once you have the new Treo, setup the new computer with the Palm Desktop and do a Sync.

DONE! just remember that backupman does not copy pictures and movies, you'll have to move them yourself!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Timmay -- I should have specified that my old Treo is currently being replaced, so I can't get my hands on it for a backup to an SD card. The only place I have the accurate data is on my work PC.
    ahhh ic

In that case if you goto windows explorer, navigate your way to the Palm directory in program files.

you'll see a folder with your name (mine was tobrie). this has all your data (i'm pretty sure). Just copy this folder to a CD or how ever you are transfering your files. But before you do, install the palm desktop to the new PC, create a new user using the same Hotsync name. Then paste the folder from your old PC to your new one. If you did it correctly you'll be replacing a folder with the same name. when you open the palm desktop you should then be able to see your calender and addresses.

Let me know if you have any more questions. And keep the hard drive from your old computer for at least 2 months just to make sure you didn't forget any data. just my $0.02

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    just to specify - copy that "named" folder and it's corresponding subfolders.

Your actual data for address will be in a subfolder called AddressBook with a file that has a .dat extension. And so forth for the remaining subfolders it's the dat file that you want.

There may be other .aba files - these are archive files and of course contained any deleted PIM information.

Your backup folder under your Palm Name contains all of the program files that were on the 600. The archive folder (usually immediately above it) contains programs that used to be on the 600 and have been deleted.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.