Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Only thing Versamail does not do that I wish it would is save email on the SD card.
    This is by far the dumbest omission of all and, perhaps, one of the most important. If you get very little email (and spam) and want to delete all of it quickly, then Versamail is serviceable and will work. But if you ever receive attachments or have multiple accounts, it will eat up the little storage space you have left on your Treo very quickly. This hasn't been fixed despite Palm's knowing all too well about memory limitations on the 650...
  2. ambtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #22  
    Chatter has an option to save all email to SD card.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    versamail is garbage, and all the people i personally know that have it agree also. nothing but problems,causing resets, constantly re-doing accounts because i had to delete all versamail files and start from scratch and it opened attachments whenever it felt like it........no....snappermail is the one for me, 5 months now and no problems whatsoever, WORSE-a-mail R.I.P. !!
    I've never had any of these problems with Versamail. Wonder if other third-party apps might be causing these? Or an early version of the firmware/software?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4. #24  
    Versamail is good enough, especially after the latest update. And it is FREE
  5. #25  
    Versamail works very well for me. I use pure pop3.

    Seeing that even simple "network time" will cause system hung when signal is bad, something like chatter would be very likely to hang on bad signal - since it would likely do more complex things then getting the time off the network. So, I decided to stay with pull email.

    Frankly, I don't know why is push-email such a big todo. I'd rather the system get it when I ask it to do so.
  6. jt999's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #26  
    Is there an easy way with Versamail to delete spam from the server and leave other mail on the server for viewing on a PC at a later time?

    Snappermail allows for this by deleting as trash (mail remains on server) or by deleting as junk (mail removed from server).

    Thanks,

    Jeff
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    This is by far the dumbest omission of all and, perhaps, one of the most important. If you get very little email (and spam) and want to delete all of it quickly, then Versamail is serviceable and will work. But if you ever receive attachments or have multiple accounts, it will eat up the little storage space you have left on your Treo very quickly. This hasn't been fixed despite Palm's knowing all too well about memory limitations on the 650...
    Yeah, I keep very little mail on my phone. I keep it permanently on my laptop and just read it on my phone when I'm out and about. Then I clean house every week or so, so storage isn't a problem.

    Versamail works fine for me. I did get one of the databases corrupted once, which wouldn't let me delete an email. Since I have all my messages on my laptop also, it wasn't a big deal to delete and start over, but for some people I could see it being much more important.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  8. #28  
    I am using Versamail, no problems so far. This is what I have done, please dont yell, I am new.
    I installed Versamail from VZW CD recently, since I did not install it originally when I got the phone. From Zlauncher, I did a move to card. It moved it and everytime I tap on VM, it loads up from card. Seems to work. I can read email (home) and (work - Exchange) just fine. Have not seen any resets. Now,
    1. I dont know if my mail is stored on che card. How do I find out.
    2. After reading mail, when I click on the home button, the treo takes about 10 seconds before going to the main screen. ??? writing to SD?
    3. Where do I get the latest updates for it?
    Thanks for the help.
  9. #29  
    I went with Snapper Mail because Versasoft didn't work well with GroupWise doing IMAP.
  10. #30  
    Dont know if it applies in your case but thats what we have at work - IMAP. I called IT and they walked me through setting it up. works very well.
  11. #31  
    Aviator,

    I'm not sure if I understand what you described in post #29. Versamail has two "parts", the Treo program and the Desktop program. The Treo Versamail is built into the ROM of the Treo, it does no good to copy it to the SD card, since it will still reside in ROM.

    I suspect the delay you are seeing is simply ZLauncher doing its SD->RAM->SD function. I'm not positive, but I think Versamail will always keep the messages in the main RAM of the phone and will not utilize the SD card.

    Perhaps just delete Versamail from your SD card and run it straight from the ROM?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    The Treo Versamail is built into the ROM of the Treo, it does no good to copy it to the SD card, since it will still reside in ROM.
    Not for Verizon phones. They get it on the CD and have to install it like any other software .. into RAM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. #33  
    After reading this thread i decided on giving Versamail another shot, as soon as I went to open it up it made my treo go into a soft reset loop and lost all my settings
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
  14. #34  
    OK, I still use Versamail (for now), and am a bit confused. My Sprint 650's builtin "Versamail" says that its version number is 3.1B. So far on Palm's website I've only found version numbers as high as 2.7. Furthermore, page 120 of version 2.5's documentation:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...ail_25_ENG.pdf
    discusses mail filters, which is functionality that I would really like to have (I know that Chatter, for example, supports filters). But this functionality is missing from the Options menu of my Treo's Versamail.

    Is there a version of Versamail which is stable, compatible with my Treo, free, and supports filters? Can an additional copy of Versamail coexist with the copy which (I believe) is in the Sprint 650's ROM, and can it reside on the SD card when used with ZLauncher?
  15. #35  
    I assumed like many here that all the 3rd party apps were responsible for my resets/freezing. I cleaned everything out and left only the palm Treo apps. Surprise, the problems continued. I've been using Chatter now for a month and the number of resets/freezes is down by 80%!!! And guess what, the other 20% of freezes occur only while I'm using Blazer. When I read that the two most incompatible apps for the Treo were Versa and Blazer, I laughed but this is very true and shameful that P1 would produce such junk. The treo's hardware is only limited by its software and that is totally P1's fault...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by digibrain
    I assumed like many here that all the 3rd party apps were responsible for my resets/freezing. I cleaned everything out and left only the palm Treo apps. Surprise, the problems continued. I've been using Chatter now for a month and the number of resets/freezes is down by 80%!!! And guess what, the other 20% of freezes occur only while I'm using Blazer. When I read that the two most incompatible apps for the Treo were Versa and Blazer, I laughed but this is very true and shameful that P1 would produce such junk. The treo's hardware is only limited by its software and that is totally P1's fault...
    I may be (reluctantly) agreeing with you. My travails are in another thread (on rebuilding the Treo after a zero-out reset.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  17. #37  
    Aloke, Thanks for replying. I went to files view of the ZL and you are right, it was still in RAM. So I moved it back (from the card) again. And the delay is now gone.
    The only problem I am having with VM is the stupid thing does not know what one days mail is when collecting mail, although I have set it up so in prefs again and again. Gets me selected mail from Jan of this year. Cant figure that one out yet. But it is very stable and gets mail from all accounts evry hour and alerts me.
    Thanks again.
  18. #38  
    Try deleting the acoount and set it up again in VM. Sometimes that clears up the problems in VM not downloading correct e-mails or deleting/not deleting them from the server.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19. #39  
    Versamail works fine for me (I am a cheap *******), with .Mac IMAP account. No worries.
    -mbd26
  20. #40  
    I was happy with Versamail for a long time, but I started having problems with my google account. I tried Snappermail and went ahead and removed versamail. This program rocks. I now see why people are so happy with it.

    Snappermail has many advantages for people with multiple accounts that use email alot. I would stick with versamail unless you are not happy with it. I was not and now I'm cool.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions