1.    #1  
    The screen on my Treo650 met an untimely end this past weekend, when my Seidio case (with the magnetic flap) leaped from my pocket onto the sheetmetal of my car, just as I closed the door, without knowing that it was clinging to the door jam.. bummer!

But - I have insurance with Verizon (Assurion), and within 30 minutes of this tragedy, a claim was in play, and my new (to me at least) Treo650 arrived a couple days later. Now that I am back up and running.. I want to do a hard reset on the busted treo, to remove all my data. The device still works in just about every way, except for the screen.. I can answer and make calls (speed dials), and events and mail notifications still chimed away.. so I am sure, if I knew the steps, I could hard reset the device..

Problem is.. after I do the reset holding the power button, I am unable to determine if I am at the point where it is asking me to push ^ to reset data..

Are there any other ways to make this happen? Your ideas are very appreciated!
    Last edited by goldretrvr; 12/27/2005 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo in title
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!
    Try installing the trial version of a mirroring software like Tapsmart Keylink, mDesk or pdaReach. Then, you can see what's supposedly on the Palm in your Windows. Google for the links.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  3.    #3  
    good suggestion.. I downloaded each app, tried installing, and got hung-up at the HotSync step.. my device will no longer hotsync with my pc (must be the device - as the replacement treo syncs fine..).

I would still like to do a complete hard reset before I send the broken unit in - I will update this thread if I come across any useful info

Thanks!
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    this thread makes us all curious of what you are hiding on it
    Get a friend to help you. Use your new T650 and do a hard reset on both of them at the same time. When whoever has the new T650 sees the prompt to push the reset button, do so on the old one at the same time. There's no guarantee that the timing on both is the same, but I would suspect it's pretty close.