Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed the beta version http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html
    seems to be working ok for me. except what I mentioned at another thread.
    seem to be having a problem w/ CF working w/ mring.
    I'm only using the Blinking Led for voicemail recieved and the call completion notes feature. I'm not using the CF ring feature because I made a bunch of custom AMRs which take up less space than wav or mp3. for example a 53kb wav is reduced to just 3kb as an AMR. (Mring Supports AMRs) Mring also lets you choose from internal mem.
    So no need for SD card to be in all the time.
    For some reason CF overrides my mring choices.
    I really would be happy if I could find an app. to do the 'Call Completion Note' thing.
    Just call me Berd.
    One of the worst programs I have ever wasted my time on. Why? I so much wanted it to work on my GSM 650.

After EVERY version tried, including the Dec 2005 versions, it just doesn't work. It never has done on my 650, and I have absolutely no faith in it.

We all so much want an appliation like this and thus thats why we perservere. I strongly recommend that if you are using a 650 you don't waste your time on the program.

IF the developer states that this works on the GSM 650 I'd have to say its complete b*llsh*t. I've wasted HOURS trying to get MULTIPLE versions of this program to work without success.

Also the latest version corrupts the "Launcher X" screen requiring work to get it back to its original state, caused a crash (reboot) and corrupted my "Saved Preferences" file requiring me to reinstall it from backup (which I luckily had),

First real crash and corruption in months.
    Last edited by roguetrooper; 02/01/2006 at 04:36 AM.
    -----------------------
    palmOne Treo 650 GSM 01.31 / 1.13
    I feel your pain. Hurt like heck to abandon CF once I moved to the 650, but, turns out, the pain was short-lived. I've found the RingoPro (v 4.42) plus CallNotes combo to be tops. Unexpected bonus: I can EASILY page back through the call log, either by time or contact, to add/revise notes, anytime. Neither has EVER crashed my baby! (But Lawwwwd, what I had to go thru to stumble onto this workable solution!)
    I tried it on my Cingular 650 (1.3.2 beta 1) and it seemed to work ok for me, with the exception that if you did a hotsync, you would have to go in and reset one of your ringtones in order for the ringing to work. Other than that it seemed to work ok, although I did have a little trouble getting auto-forwarding while charging to turn off when I removed my treo from the charger.

VM indicator changing the LED to orange worked fine whereas on Butler it did not...

Also needed to ensure CF was locked using RescoLocker.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think what bothers me the most, is how Mytreo.net Hyped-Up this app.
    And even after the flood of complaints, they continued to Rate it good.
    Do they get a percentage of profits? Because that would explain their Hype.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    MTDN is a very slimy site. They often hype garbage products since they make money on them and the developers.
    you should not put bad comments when they (MTDN) don't deserve it. this is a forum and a forum is where people help each other and not hurt each other. i know we are all entitled to our complaints and rants but please for the sake of good manners and courtesy please i say again don't put all the blame on MTDN because for all you know one of your apps is causing the problem. NO SMARTPHONE/PDA IS PERFECT. mine, ringo pro handles ringing and sms tones, while funsms handles sms and callfilter handles filtering and they all worked as advertised. by the way, i know i am posting this in TREOCENTRAL.COM and this is FORUM FOR HELPING EACH OTHER NOT KNOCKING EACH OTHER in the head so please calm down and rethink and rephrase what you all wrote. JUST MY 5 cents worth of thoughts.
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    You're entitled to your opinion and so are we. If you think that your opinion is better or more correct than ours, I'll tell you exactly what to do with that opinion, cdboy.
    CF 1.3.2 is working fine for me. On hangup it does play a the ringtone very briefly. I do feel your pain on the reset and lose your serials. I have had that happen several times. I now back up my saved preferences to my SD and when it happens I just copy it back over. I am not sure if it is CF causing this or a combination of programs. This has happened to me with out CF being installed. Not sure if it is koolsounds doing it. NVFS has been a real pain in the *** for all developers.

I have tried every callfiltering program out there. ALL of them. The 650 NVFS is just buggy. Some where harder than others to set up. LW Pro was pretty stable but doesn't really filter calls. Haven't tried the latest Buzzoff, cause you have to use another ringtone manager to get custom rings. Oh well, just my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Edited comment, so as not to offend:
    I think what bothers me the most, is how Mytreo.net SEEMED to Hype-Up this app.
    And even after the flood of complaints, they SEEMED to continue to Rate it good.
    Do they get a percentage of profits? Because that would explain the PERCEIVED Hype.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/02/2006 at 02:39 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtibbs
    CF 1.3.2 is working fine for me. On hangup it does play a the ringtone very briefly. I do feel your pain on the reset and lose your serials. I have had that happen several times. I now back up my saved preferences to my SD and when it happens I just copy it back over. I am not sure if it is CF causing this or a combination of programs. This has happened to me with out CF being installed. Not sure if it is koolsounds doing it. NVFS has been a real pain in the *** for all developers.
    I lost my saved prefs once when testing CF. Used RescoLocker to lock it and didn't have a problem after that.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I tried it on my Sprint 650, and it crashed half a dozen times in the first 10 minutes. It caused crashes even when I wasn't using it. I removed it, and everything's fine again. I think it's not quite ready for primetime, and the developer (who abandoned the app for a year or so after the 650 came out) doesn't really seem interested in addressing the problems people are having.

If it works for you, great. But it doesn't seem to work very well for a lot of people. At least you can try it out for free.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Crap, I just recently got a Treo 650, and loved the Call Filter.

I struggled with the Call Filter on my Treo 600. It would have random resets when people call in. Sometimes when I try to answer the call, Call Filter would reset my device. I uninstalled Call Filter, and I never experienced that abrupt reset(tested for well over a month).

Now my Pocket Tunes is expired on the Treo 650, I can't play mp3 files as ring tones. This sucks, why can't Palm provide a software app similar to this one by default(ringtone for each caller group)?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Any more feedback?
    So for the Latest 1.3.2 Beta 1, is working pretty good for me.

10 day trial? give me a break!
    And the long duration between fixes (updates) also gripes me.
    Still not ready to buy.
    Just curious how others are doing.
    Just call me Berd.
    It crashes so often that I'm not even going to bother trying the next version. The developer has much better things to do because this is one of the buggiest programs available and there are no fixes in sight. Support is also non-existant.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It crashes so often that I'm not even going to bother trying the next version. The developer has much better things to do because this is one of the buggiest programs available and there are no fixes in sight. Support is also non-existant.
    Yea, I noticed you posting over there also.
    I'm wit chu.
    I got a little upset in my posts over there and support gave me some smart ast remarks.
    Mytreo.net Hyped that app up so much, I pretty much lost all respect for their opinion.
    Just call me Berd.
    I thought I was in heaven for a while, then i'd miss a few calls most of the time because it wouldn't ring . Then I tried mRing, same thing. LightWav, notting but resets, then RingoPro & so far so good .
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12