Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ive been using TomTom for about a week now and really running it through the ringer. Aside from the OP's issue, which I agree kinda sucks, I love this app. I wasnt sure what to do when I was shopping for a navi for the same reasons as MacUser, there were too many problems people had with TomTom. I did have some issues getting it installed, but once I upgraded to the newest version everything has been great.

As sriera said, when its working its tough to beat it's really freakin sweet. I'll let you know how much my opinion changes when it breakes
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    i agree. i sent them an email over a month ago, still haven't heard back. i tried calling once, no answer. none. unbelieavable.
    Why don't you use the support functionality on their website instead of sending e-mails?
    My Q was answered within hours using the "My support" (or whatever it's called) on tomtom.com...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    ..... is tomtom the best gps software out there for the palm/treo? ....
    Yes.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Why don't you use the support functionality on their website instead of sending e-mails?
    My Q was answered within hours using the "My support" (or whatever it's called) on tomtom.com...
    thats where i posted my question. under my account, my questions. i'm logged on and i still see my question unanswered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    There seems to be a BIG difference in how they respond to US users as compared to European users. I just got a response to a question I posted back near the end of November. The response didn't answer the basic question so I updated and asked again. Got a response within 24 hr this time but it was talking about GO 700 rather than Nav 5 which was my initial question. So I've asked it again and waiting for the response. I don't know if this is a lanuage issue or just putting their resources where their major market is. Anyway, Tomtom support could do a much better job of serving their US customers. At least they did apologize for the delayed initial response.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/05/2006 at 01:24 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12