1.    #1  
    While installing the software on my brand new TReo 650, I get an error while installing the Windows Media Player/DirectX option. The error tells me that my operating system won't allow it.

Most of my audio files are in the wma format, and of course Real Player won't do..

Has anyone else had this error? How can I remedy this? I have XP pro on the PC.
    Windows media player works for PCs only and as you've discovered Real Player would not play wma formats. It may even have Digital Management rights encrypted to the music as well so that rules out playing your music on your Treo.

The ones that I know that supports WMA (not Lossless or WMA professional) are Pocket Tunes and TCPMP
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Windows media player works for PCs only and as you've discovered Real Player would not play wma formats. It may even have Digital Management rights encrypted to the music as well so that rules out playing your music on your Treo.
    Which begs the question: Why the heck does Palm bundle Windows Media with the Treo 650 software?
    If you use the Palm Desktop, the Windows Media Player bundled version helps you manage (i.e. view, sort, etc.) the pictures and videos you took with your Treo.