Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've been using Volumecare (registered) for a few months now. Once I applied this most recent update and enable VC, I've noticed (after a couple days) my T650 becomes EXTREAMLY slow (just displaying the icons in ZLauncher takes about 5 seconds). Once I remove VC, the problem is gone.

Is anyone else having a similar problem with the latest release version?
    I'm not using ZL, but am using VC 5.03 and haven't noticed any slowdowns.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    Mine has slowed down as well. It's also begun reseting itself randomly when I hit the green key.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Since installing VolumeCare 5.01 and Butler 3.41 I notice that the longer the Treo has been going (since last reset) the slower it gets responding to any button push. When it gets bad enough, about once/day, I soft reset to clear it up.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I do use Butler as well! I bet that's the problem.

Now we just need to figure out which app is actually at fault, and nag/keep an eye out for a fix. :-/
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Maybe Volume Care, I have the trial 5.01 installed recently, and the only other app. prior to that which gave me probs was Verichat. I have since found a stable version. The only problems I have noticed recently since installing Volumecare 5.01 is the delayed response mentioned above, but a soft reset, also mentioned, does seem to solve the problem. I thought it was just me, and internal memory, but I don't have alot stored internally.
    You may want to try VolumeCare 5.05 to see whether that changes anything!
    http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I was experiencing major slowdowns as well but I do not have Butler or Verichat. Maybe 5.05 will work.

Thanks.
    I just started a thread in the Hardware 650 forum on this same issue. Every since the update to 5.01 or whatever it was my Treo will work as usual for a few hours and then sloooow down to a crawl. Doing a soft reset fixes the problem for another few hours. Hmmm...
    So let me try to understand.

• The slowdowns people are having are only when you are in the phone application? No other place?
    • For those having a slowdown, does the slowdown stop if you leave the phone application?
    • How about if you go into an application that does not have a phone signal strength indicator? (This is important!)
    • Are there any CDMA users having the problem?
    • Any GSM users having the problem?
    • Do you have the App Volume feature enabled?
    • Is the phone application selected by any chance in the "Selected Application list"?
    • Try disabling the App Volume feature and tell me if the problem stops.
    I have also posted an update to see if the small change I made helps this problem.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Jeff
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Phone app only? -- No. Chatter, VeriChat, SMS, Launcher, Contacts ...
    Apps w/o signal strength? -- will check when next it gets really slow
    CDMA? -- I think that's me (Sprint in the US)
    App Volume? -- unchecked
    I'm still on 5.01 at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    So let me try to understand.

• The slowdowns people are having are only when you are in the phone application? No other place?
    • For those having a slowdown, does the slowdown stop if you leave the phone application?
    • How about if you go into an application that does not have a phone signal strength indicator? (This is important!)
    • Are there any CDMA users having the problem?
    • Any GSM users having the problem?
    • Do you have the App Volume feature enabled?
    • Is the phone application selected by any chance in the "Selected Application list"?
    • Try disabling the App Volume feature and tell me if the problem stops.
    I have also posted an update to see if the small change I made helps this problem.

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Jeff
    Jeff:

I do NOT have the slowdown and I am running VC 5.01. However, if this helps in solving the issue I should tell you I downloaded CallFilter 1.3 when it first came out a few weeks ago and it DEFINITELY caused a slow-down in the phone app as soon as I enabled it. As soon as I disabled it the slowdown stopped. The CallFilter people tried hard to help but to no avail. I have removed it from my 650 for now. I mention this because I wonder, of the people having the problem, if any have CallFilter enabled.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Jeff:

I do NOT have the slowdown and I am running VC 5.01. However, if this helps in solving the issue I should tell you I downloaded CallFilter 1.3 when it first came out a few weeks ago and it DEFINITELY caused a slow-down in the phone app as soon as I enabled it. As soon as I disabled it the slowdown stopped. The CallFilter people tried hard to help but to no avail. I have removed it from my 650 for now. I mention this because I wonder, of the people having the problem, if any have CallFilter enabled.

Dave
    Thanks for th update! This is important information.

Jeff
    v 5.05 - trouble connecting to web, soft resets with Agendus 9.06 (never had those)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    v 5.05 - trouble connecting to web, soft resets with Agendus 9.06 (never had those)
    Interesting information but I'm not sure you can assign either of these issues to VolumeCare. I appreciate your post but I want to guard against VolumeCare being tied to all resets and network problems.

There has been some very specific conditions reported that I think I have addressed in v5.07. Other than that, VolumeCare is proving to be very stable.

The known conditions are:
    1) reset lopps on installation
    2) slowdowns on some Treo's
    3) network connection problems. This one is very difficult! There are litterally 10's or reasons this condition can happen. VC was a "trigger" and not the cause of only one of these conditions.

The really tough thing is that numbers 2 & 3 are really bugs in the Palm operating system! No one knows what causes them or how to truly aviod them! The only thing that I do know is that these conditions are caused by multiple applications using the phone/network subsystem in the Treo at the same time.

Sorry for the long post.......

Jeff
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    Phone app only? -- No. Chatter, VeriChat, SMS, Launcher, Contacts ...
    Apps w/o signal strength? -- will check when next it gets really slow
    CDMA? -- I think that's me (Sprint in the US)
    App Volume? -- unchecked
    I'm still on 5.01 at the moment.
    Apps w/o signal strength meter are in fact slow to respond just like everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    Apps w/o signal strength meter are in fact slow to respond just like everything else.
    This is a different slowdown than I have seen in the past then. I have yet to have a report from a 5.08 user of any slowdowns. So I am very happy with this release right now. There is a minor change that I will be making to key clicks that will force a 5.09 release but other than that, 5.08 is a very stable release.

Jeff