1.    #1  
    I have recently added Volumecare to my Treo 650 and activated it but now have no sounds at all!! All preferences show sound ON as does the toggle switch at the top. Help!!
    <moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by martynamsel
    I have recently added Volumecare to my Treo 650 and activated it but now have no sounds at all!! All preferences show sound ON as does the toggle switch at the top. Help!!
    What is possible though is that you have experienced the *very* well known Headset Jack hardware failure. This problem has nothing to do with VolumeCare but sometimes it happens and people first think it was the software that caused the failure. When the headset jack fails it can cause crack at the beginning followed by a complete loss of speakers. Sometimes it is only the handset or the speaker phone. Other times it is all speakers and the MIC. What happens is that the headset jack fails and causes the Treo to think it has a headset plugged in permanently. So this cuts out all speaker activity and MIC activity. This is caused from 2 things: 1) a solder connection failure from the headset to the circuit board. This happens because there is no re-enforcement of the headset jack other than the solder connections. 2) The electrical connections themselves in the headset jack break and short out the jack making it think you have a jack inserted in to the jack all the time.

Again, this is a very common problem. I see many reports of this same condition a week.

Jeff