1.    #1  
    I got a new 2GB Patriot SD card, and several times a day it will corrupt itself. All of a sudden the Treo declares that the card is an unrecognized format and asks if I want to format. If I put it in the PC after this happens, I can't read it there either.

Any ideas?

Ty
    ahh, violated by the Patriot act...

My first question would be what 3rd party apps do you have running, particularly things that mess with the dbcache.

I had a little issue with UDMH wiping out an entire SD card on me once, as well as killing off preferences and several applications on 3 separate crashes.

Anything that interacts with memory or apps on the card is where I'd start. This assumes there are no known problems with the PalmOS and this model of Patriot card (PalmOS has had problems with several SD and MMC makes including specific Sandisk, Kingmax, and other manufacturers over the years).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Same problem here...Patriot 2 gb that randomly and often corrupts and has to be formatted. I am going back to my 1 gb Sandisk II until I can get a handle on this issue. Anyone have some help?
    Welcome to the problems of a high speed cheap SD card... Wish you bought a good brand name yet? The higher the speed and the cheaper the memory, the more likely that'll happen... And not just with the treo... With any device...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him
    Same problem here...Patriot 2 gb that randomly and often corrupts and has to be formatted. I am going back to my 1 gb Sandisk II until I can get a handle on this issue. Anyone have some help?
    I formatted mine in FAT16 from my computer and now it works perfectly. Very glad I got it..

Ty
    Same problem here with A-data - cheap high speed 2 gb. ugh, you get what you pay for, I guess, eh?
    Mine's a 2GB A-Data as well. These are supposed to have lifetime warranties, so I guess I'll see how their customer service is.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i have the same problem here also, but i got a 1gig corsair SD card. But i dont know why my card would get corrupted since it only holds some mp3s, and games. The games i had before use to run off the treo memory and i had no problems.
    FWIW, my latest problem is not with the data corrupting. My Treo simply won't even recognize the card unless I push and hold it all the way in. The data on it is still there and I can read it fine on my laptop or my Zodiac. The problem appears to be a combination of the Treo being picky and the card being somewhat physically damaged (the plastic casing is busted up a bit). Other cards are still reading fine on my Treo.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Yes, my MP3s play fine off my card. I have problems running apps from the card, and seeing apps ont he card... ZLauncher tells me that apps on the card aren't at the address they are supposed to be at...
    so what is the recommended "non-cheap" 2 gb card that works well?
    Anyone ever have problems with Kingston? I have a 1gb and wanted another. They seem to be mid-range priced.
    I do have a Patriot too, you all are worrying me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!