Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was looking to get a GSM unlocked treo on ebay for my daughter. Will tmobile have a similar data plan to sprint? Sprint is 10 dollars per month unlimited. Is the 5.99 data plan on tmobile web site good with the treo or is there another data plan required?
    Quote Originally Posted by danpedraza
    I was looking to get a GSM unlocked treo on ebay for my daughter. Will tmobile have a similar data plan to sprint? Sprint is 10 dollars per month unlimited. Is the 5.99 data plan on tmobile web site good with the treo or is there another data plan required?
    I have had the $19.95 unlimited data plan with T-Mobile for the past year. Was not able to get any other data plan including T-Zones from. Some people have reported that just T-Zones works but I could not get it. I don't mind T-Mobile's price (it is much cheaper than Cingular) and also the voice minute plans are the lowest, IMO. I am a GSM user and have no idea about CDMA plans...
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Yep, have the same $20 unlimited plan I've had since they released the treo180. Works fine and no price increase for EDGE service.
    I have TMo grandfathered plan on a 650. Had it since the 180 days and no other issues except for TMo's spotty coverage on some areas when I am on the road.

I can access TZone from my current plan if I define the TMo proxy address otherwise I just use my unlimited VPN.
    I have T-Mobile service on my 650. I signed-up for the $39.99 plan and later called 611 to have T-Zones added for $5.99. Works just fine! All I had to do is use the proxy server on Blazer (Options-->Preferences-->Advanced-->Set Proxy--> 216.155.165.050 port 8080) Works just fine for my needs (Chatter, Occasional web browsing, Verichat)

Goodluck!
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    ...and BTW, the phone rep offered for me to sign-up for Monthly Auto-Debit for my monthly bill, and as long as I am set to pay my bill automatically every month, they credit me $5.99/month which basically pays for my T-Zones :-)
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    I have a Treo GSM unlocked on T-Mo with the unlimited data plan. So far I love it. Although I just experienced my first occasion of spotty coverage when I was in CA last well. Who would have thought coverage in and around Palo Alto and Stanford would be so shoddy with T-Mo.
    I will add my name to the list. $20 month Unlimited plan with my 600 before my 650. Data for me seems to have better coverage than the voice side. Go Figure.

I have loved it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I have the 5.99 T-MobileWeb.. I haven't had any issues now with MobiTV, KMaps, OprahMini, Blazer or VersaMail.. All I had to do is tell it I wanted to use T-Zones in the prefs under Network.. Every program seems to get it's network settings from there.. I never had to set a proxy or anything..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    I have the 5.99 T-MobileWeb.. I haven't had any issues now with MobiTV, KMaps, OprahMini, Blazer or VersaMail.. All I had to do is tell it I wanted to use T-Zones in the prefs under Network.. Every program seems to get it's network settings from there.. I never had to set a proxy or anything..
    just testing
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Same here, except I use Chatter Email rather than VersaMail.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  12.    #12  
    thanks but one last guestion. does tmobile support dial up networking via bluetooth like the sprint version.
    T-Zone (now T-MobileWeb) $5.99 works fine for email and web (using the proxy setting). As I understand it these "services" (T-MobileWeb or Unlimited Internet) can be turned on and off with pro-rated charges. That is, one can turn on T-MobileWeb one weekend and Unlimited Internet the next weekend. You will be charged for 2 days of each that month.

This is great if you just want to use internet on Treo only when hiking for example.

Adding and deleting either of these services does not change your annual contract in anyway.

Having said all that, I have TZone and have not turned it off for a while as TZone in its new incarnation T-MobileWeb is a dollar more expensive. So WMMV.

Hope this helps.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    DUN works fine, right out of the box (Unlocked GSM box, I don't think they come in a Tmobile box yet).

You can always use PDA Net too, it works regardless of provider.
    Been using my ROW 650 on Tmob since May '05. No complaints. I had requested the T-MobileWeb, but was told that for the Treo' you had to use T-Mobile Internet service. Haven't used my DUN capability, but there is no reason it shouldn't work that I can think of. Just never had the laptop out when I wasn't around a "hot spot".

I was looking over the plan differences, and other than some additional special features via T-Zones (Web, whatever) the only difference seems to be the price. Anyone else figure what the differences are? If there isn't, I might as well save myself a few bucks since people here say it is working fine for them using T-zones. Anyone care to field the differences?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    5.99 plan is good to go with unlocked treo but just use the proxy settings under blazer!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Anyone who tells you TZones or TMobileWeb doesn't work with a Treo is just trying to sell you the more expensive plan.. Works great.. I'm on it now..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    I have been using the unlimited 19.99 plan... I think it's time to downgrade. How fast is streaming media for pocket tunes on the cheaper plan?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    That is what I was begining to gather, that the "Internet plan" is just a rate hiked version of the Web.

nonobeez, from their own FAQs on the myTmobile website, the transerfer rates are the same, and if EDGE is available, then you will get the EDGE speeds as well, it just depends on what the tower is capable of according to their own info.

I myself was just wondering if they limited port usage, but their description of the Web (formerly T-Zones) shows you can have POP access, browsing, chat access. So, I couldn't figure out what was different other than you pay more for the Internet service and it doesn't give you some of the T-Mobile customized features related to T-zone. Looks like I'll snag the proxy info from here and switch over to the T-mobile web and save some money for applications.

Thanks for the info guys!
    I logged in via the T-zones network connection... no problem streaming music!!! I put an order in to drop the unlimited and get tmobileweb. I had to switch "phones" in my profile so that the tmobileweb option would appear.

I will check the other programs later tomorrow... I am sure they will work. I also did not have make any proxy changes.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast