Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You should not have to configure anything to stream. Try a reset, and then use blazer before you try to stream. Please let us know if it works. You do have the Deluxe version of Ptunes right?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I have the unlimited plan. for some reason over the last 15 days I have to turn the phone on and off to get the internet to work. Sometimes I have to reset it. Any ideas?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I have the unlimited plan. for some reason over the last 15 days I have to turn the phone on and off to get the internet to work. Sometimes I have to reset it. Any ideas?
    thanks
    I had the same problem. Blazer just wouldn't connect and usually got the message error 0x400b ... This happened to me only at work and as soon as I was out the building, it was ok.
    It was like that for 2 weeks and now it's fine again.
    I have switched to 5.99 tmobile web and in network under prefs I can only connect with t-zones. And my pocket tunes delux aint working. Any one can help ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFalken View Post
    Been using my ROW 650 on Tmob since May '05. No complaints. I had requested the T-MobileWeb, but was told that for the Treo' you had to use T-Mobile Internet service. Haven't used my DUN capability, but there is no reason it shouldn't work that I can think of. Just never had the laptop out when I wasn't around a "hot spot".

I was looking over the plan differences, and other than some additional special features via T-Zones (Web, whatever) the only difference seems to be the price. Anyone else figure what the differences are? If there isn't, I might as well save myself a few bucks since people here say it is working fine for them using T-zones. Anyone care to field the differences?
    Yes, there are differences, but you probably wouldn't notice them with a Treo. I found these differences out because I happen to have both a Treo 600/680 and a Sierra Wireless Aircard 775 data card AND a SIM card with T-Mobile Web (tZones) and a SIM with T-Mobile Internet.

Thanks to you great Treo owners' posts, I was able to step my Treo 600 down from the then-$19.99/mo. T-Mobile Internet to the $4.99/mo. tZones. And I figured I could do the same with my Aircard 775, so I tried it.

And yes, I got it to work, but there was a crucial difference. The stock trading application I had purchased the Aircard for worked fine with T-Mobile Internet but not with tZones. Apparently, there are some TCP/IP ports that are not forwarded through or allowed by tZones. I expect that the more popular ports such as those needed for streaming media, email, etc. are open on both, but I definitely couldn't trade, and I remember having trouble with other applications (stock charting, remote desktop).

So, T-Mobile didn't simply charge more for the exact same service--there are real differences between the two. After having used T-Mobile Internet on my Aircard 775 (previously a 750) for the past several years, I can vouch for the fact that the T-Mobile Internet plan is truly "unlimited" as they say--it is just like having a regular DSL connection. No ports are blocked, no proxies needed, no special software/tunnels needed. It is an instant-on network connection straight out to the Internet and well worth the $29.99/mo. that I currently pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    I have switched to 5.99 tmobile web and in network under prefs I can only connect with t-zones. And my pocket tunes delux aint working. Any one can help ?
    It is true that T-Zones or T-MobileWeb as it is currently called blocks certain ports. PocketTunes Deluxe 4 does work now. But can't use a VoIP application, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpedraza View Post
    I was looking to get a GSM unlocked treo on ebay for my daughter. Will tmobile have a similar data plan to sprint? Sprint is 10 dollars per month unlimited. Is the 5.99 data plan on tmobile web site good with the treo or is there another data plan required?

Depending on your needs, you don't have to get a data plan. I do not. I have never added any services to my basic $39.99 plan.

here's what I do.

First, I don't need automatic & immediate email. I don't use the Treo often to browse the web. If you wish to do either of those things, perhaps it is worth paying for an upgrade.

That said, I find things work just fine this way just using my normal minutes:

A. Sign up with a dial-up ISP. Better yet, sign up with one who lets you prepay rather than charges flat monthly fees. The assumption here is that you use the services sporadically and will not be a heavy user. For me, a bloc of 25 hours lasts a long time on the Treo. I don't want to browse the 'net on that tiny screen. On the occasions i need to DL email, it doesn't take long. I can recommend budgetdialup.com to achieve this.

They are (1) open to Treo access--not everyone is; and (2) will sell prepaid blocs of time as noted. Reasonably priced.

B. create a dialup connection. SYSTEM PREFS/NETWORK and enter your login info from whatever ISP you choose.

C. That's it. You connect to the internet as you wish. Just run blazer.
    To get email, you have two options. If you use webmail, you can run Blazer and connect to your web email box. Places like Yahoo have mobile sites optimized for this. OR, use Versa Mail just like everyone to DL your email. You can set it to dialup automaticall every X minutes if you wish. For me it is sufficient to dialup manually on those occasions when I need it.
    Last edited by Mark Squires; 12/22/2006 at 05:07 PM.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    so, i'm picking up an unlocked treo 650 tomorrow. Do i just need to get the unlimited data plan for $19.99 and that's it?

what do I need to do on the phone to get it to work (internet service)?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    It is true that T-Zones or T-MobileWeb as it is currently called blocks certain ports. PocketTunes Deluxe 4 does work now. But can't use a VoIP application, for example.
    Yes, that is the case. I have the T-Zones for $5.99 because that does give me access to my email POP3 email on Comcast which is what I really want. There used to be a way to work around and get the full Internet but they closed that about 8 months ago. T-Zones is really designed for Tmobile phones that specifically have Tzones on them. It is their way for downloading ringtones, wallpapers, games, etc. and gives them very limited web access.

But I did find one thing interesting. I purchased Ringo Pro so I could customize my ringtones with MP3 files. One of the nice things about this program is that after you install it, it allows you to go online and download ringtones from them. It actually connects me to the Internet. Once I am at their site, I can go just about anywhere on the web (CNN, ESPN, etc). Not sure why, but it works. Makes it worth $29.95 price for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    so, i'm picking up an unlocked treo 650 tomorrow. Do i just need to get the unlimited data plan for $19.99 and that's it?

thank you.

They don't have an unlimited datat plan for $19.99 anymore, it is now $29.99. That gives you unlimited Internet access, as well as access to Tmobile hotspots. You can get the T-Zones for $5.99 but all that will get you with the Treos is POP3 email access.

thank you.

See post 87.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    currently, i have a $30/month for subscribing to T-Mobile Total Internet.
    will changing my plan to T-Mobile web affect using to browse the net?
    i'm also using pdanet to connect my laptop to the internet.
    does that unlimited data cover texts as well?
    Damn I want the straight **** on this. I have a locked Cingular that I am unlocking, suggestions on the best unlocking service that is really easy is helpful, but I have T-Mo with grandfathered T zones, are you saying I can not access the internet with this plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by techuser View Post
    currently, i have a $30/month for subscribing to T-Mobile Total Internet.
    will changing my plan to T-Mobile web affect using to browse the net?
    i'm also using pdanet to connect my laptop to the internet.
    According to Tmobile, it will. Here are the differences from their website:

t-zones is a phone-driven service that allows you to use features and services such as Internet e-mail access, MegaTones® ringtones, picture messaging, text messaging, info alerts, and more. t-zones compliments T-Mobile's existing voice offering.

T-Mobile Internet is a wireless network that allows you to access the Internet with your device, data card, or laptop.

According to this link,

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...m?A2L.SERVICE=

t-zones is free and T-Mobile Web is $5.99. But t-zones will only work on certain phones, one that have the icon on the display.

Here is a link to the general FAQ page that has some other information on all of the Internet stuff:

http://support.t-mobile.com/faq.html...MobileWeb+FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by Onebadcat View Post
    Damn I want the straight **** on this. I have a locked Cingular that I am unlocking, suggestions on the best unlocking service that is really easy is helpful, but I have T-Mo with grandfathered T zones, are you saying I can not access the internet with this plan?
    Not according to T-Mobile. Only certain phones can, and their access is very limited. See my previous post for the FAQ. I use an unbranded Palm Treo 650 with T-Mobile Web, and cannot access the Internet, except to download ringtones from the Ringo Pro website.

does that unlimited data cover texts as well?

I don't believe it does. I think there are a 1000 that are with the plan, but I can't find it anywhere on the Tmobile site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Not according to T-Mobile. Only certain phones can, and their access is very limited. See my previous post for the FAQ. I use an unbranded Palm Treo 650 with T-Mobile Web, and cannot access the Internet, except to download ringtones from the Ringo Pro website.
    Fortunately, this isn't true. On my unlocked Treo 650, mail and web access work just fine; I'm able to listen to internet radio stations with PocketTunes. You do need to set up a proxy server (because T-Mobile Web blocks all ports except those used for email), as detailed elsewhere, but once you do this, T-Mobile Web is (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $the$ $best$ $internet$ $deal$ $available$ $for$ $cellphones$.
    Last edited by odysseus; 12/24/2006 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    A. Sign up with a dial-up ISP. Better yet, sign up with one who lets you prepay rather than charges flat monthly fees. The assumption here is that you use the services sporadically and will not be a heavy user. For me, a bloc of 25 hours lasts a long time on the Treo. I don't want to browse the 'net on that tiny screen. On the occasions i need to DL email, it doesn't take long. I can recommend budgetdialup.com to achieve this.
    This is crazy. Using a GPRS device with a regular dialup ISP will guarantee you download speeds that harken back to the early 90s. Can anyone says 14.4k?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Fortunately, this isn't true. On my unlocked Treo 650, mail and web access work just fine; I'm able to listen to internet radio stations with PocketTunes. You do need to set up a proxy server (because T-Mobile Web blocks all ports except those used for email), as detailed elsewhere, but once you do this, T-Mobile Web is (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $the$ $best$ $internet$ $deal$ $available$ $for$ $cellphones$.

Where is this detailed elsewhere?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast