Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    I just checked with my phone. I have cingular branded treo 650 unlocked using tmobile service with tmobile web($5.99). I can't go online without setting the proxy. I tried setting the network alone in the prefs but just alone that one doesn't work. So I set up the proxy in the blazer and it goes to online instantly. Streaming media, nope. Nothing for me.
    This is normal -- the guys posting here about being able to stream and surf the web without a proxy must be lucky enough to have misconfigured accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I have the same model -- Treo 650, unlocked GSM.

So you're not having to scroll horizontally?

Well, since the Treo 650 is not supposed to work with T-Mobile Web, I don't think there is anything I can do, but the reports here of T-Mobile Web working without a proxy are the first I've seen. If I turn off the proxy in Blazer, nothing comes through.
    That is correct, I can use Optimized view (no horizontal scroll) without issue. I am begining to wonder if it is location specific. Maybe the GPRS network is configured different in your area versus where I am located (Dallas area). Beyond that, I don't know.

Hmmm, well, I am sorry it isn't working for you. I wish I had more answers for you but it was a straight forward setup for me, just simply changing from Internet to Web services.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFalken
    That is correct, I can use Optimized view (no horizontal scroll) without issue. I am begining to wonder if it is location specific. Maybe the GPRS network is configured different in your area versus where I am located (Dallas area)... it was a straight forward setup for me, just simply changing from Internet to Web services.
    Not sure what you mean by "web services," but I called T-Mobile yesterday, and they confirmed that they block port 80 on T-Zones, so a proxy would be necessary. I think it may have something to do with the fact that you transitioned from T-Mobile Internet to T-Zones. They obviously forgot to turn something off.
    What I'd like to be able to confirm is this:

Did all those who are able to use T-Zones without a proxy, and with a streaming audio client, first switch from T-Mobile's $20/month internet service?
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Using t-zones ($4.99) for months and it works perfectly on my treo 650.
    Same thing with PTunes (streaming) and MobiTV.
    Right, but did you SWITCH from T-Mobile Internet to T-Zones?
    I switched from Unlimited Internet to tmobileweb. They definitly switched something because I cannot log in via the T-mobile Internet network profile, I log in via T-zones profile. I have full function though... and 160Kbps downloads.

You probably need to configure the profile manually for it to work. I remember having to do that with my old sim on my Tungsten W. You can also try a reset, that sometimes cures connection problems for me.

I have the correct profile in my SIM, which is fairly new and I cannot edit or see the config.... Sorry. I hope this helps.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    I think selecting T-Zones automatically handles the proxy from the connection.. I never had to put in anything for the proxy either.. Just swtiched the network connection from unlimited T-Mobile to T-Zones and everything just worked.. err, after a reset that is..
    Java based programs such as K-maps won’t work with T-zones without the proxy. Opera is by far the best browser. It too is a Java based program. I only use Blazer to access T-mobile Web to check my account status (wap.myvoicestream.com). It only seems to work with Blazer.
    Excuse the NEWB question, but how do you "switch" to EDGE for high speed or is it simply an automatic thing if a tower supports it. Do I need to contact T-Mobile to enable EDGE somehow?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst
    Excuse the NEWB question, but how do you "switch" to EDGE for high speed or is it simply an automatic thing if a tower supports it. Do I need to contact T-Mobile to enable EDGE somehow?
    I think it is a good question. I would like to know the answer to this question also.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst
    My understanding is that EDGE speeds are automatic if it is available in that area. There isn't anything to change in either the 650 or with your T-Mo service, EDGE works from T-Zones (what I use) on up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I switched from Unlimited Internet to tmobileweb. They definitly switched something because I cannot log in via the T-mobile Internet network profile, I log in via T-zones profile. I have full function though... and 160Kbps downloads.
    Well, it's starting to sound like those who originally have T-Mobile Internet, and then switch to T-Mobile Web, retain some of the parameters of T-Mobile Internet (notably a greater number of open ports, such as port 80).

Can anyone else who uses T-Zones w/o a proxy confirm that they switched from T-Mobile Internet?

You probably need to configure the profile manually for it to work.
    Like you, I can't edit my profile. I don't think that this is the issue.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    About 9 months ago I had a blackberry with the unlimited/tmobile internet plan. Switched to a Razr phone and downed my service to the $5.99 t-mobile web plan and had been happy for that 9 months. I just got my Treo 650 yesterday. Plugged in my sim and chose t-zones in the settings and I am off to the races. No proxy set and I can browse internet and check pop3 email with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted
    About 9 months ago I had a blackberry with the unlimited/tmobile internet plan. Switched to a Razr phone and downed my service to the $5.99 t-mobile web plan and had been happy for that 9 months. I just got my Treo 650 yesterday. Plugged in my sim and chose t-zones in the settings and I am off to the races. No proxy set and I can browse internet and check pop3 email with no problems.

Actually you can browse internet even cut your $5.99 plan. This is T-mobile system bug. All my friends who rush for the $99 HP 6500 deal (with 2 month $19.99 tmobile data plan required) are happy with their free internet now even they all cancelled their data plan.

I believe T-mobile will catch it some day, so, enjoy it.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Cellneuron,

You are right sort of. T-zones is now free, it is not a bug. You need a proxy to use blazer with it for regular sites. Tmobileweb replaced the old t-zones, but it has more ports open. Unlimited Internet is like tmobileweb, but for higher traffic. You are not suppose to be able to get Tmobileweb with a smartphone... at least that is how I understand it. It's all so confusing.....

For those of you not getting connections, I just uncovered something and it reminded me of issues I had before. In the past, when I used bluetooth DUN, I used ot have to touch the network first via the Treo. I would load up blazer, then exit and use DUN. That would be good until the next reset.

Today, I could not connect to gmail via snappermail. I did a reset and still nothing. I have not had problems before so I tried to connect to verichat and it worked. I went back to Snappermail and it worked no prob.

I guess I had verichat setup to connect automatically. When I changed it, I started to have the problems. You guys having problems, try connecting via something else first like verichat, versamail, etc.... do something different.

I hope this helps.
    You are right sort of. T-zones is now free, it is not a bug. You need a proxy to use blazer with it for regular sites. Tmobileweb replaced the old t-zones, but it has more ports open.
    Nonobeez, I wasn't aware that TmobileWeb has more ports open than the old T-Zones. What are they? The situation where switchers from T-Mobile Internet are able to use T-Zones with more ports is ABNORMAL.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    T-Zones used to leave port 80 open. Then they shut it down, and you had to use a proxy, at least for the vast majority of T-Mobile customers. This was the case for everybody here in the Northeast with T-Mob that I know. I eventually got sick of my proxy dependence, inability to browse in optimized mode, and inability to use other internet apps and decided to shell out the 20 bucks a month, as I think most people have.

If you are now able to use T-Zones without a manual proxy, and are able to browse optimized screen mode, and find you can use other apps without proxies, consider yourself lucky for the time being and realize that your situation may change at some point in the future without warning, as it did for those of us originally using T-Zones in this way.
    Guys, don't confuse T-zones with tmobileweb. People that are switching and payng $5.99 are switching to tmobileweb.

T-zones is free and used for WAP and downloading MMS and ringtones... and maybe email. Just because people are logging in via the T-zones profile doesn't mean it's T-zones.

And to update you guys on my performance. It looks like I can't stream anything anymore. Ports are still open, buy very slow. I still can check gmail via secured POP, so I am cool. Verichat also still works and so does Blazer.

I am hoping it's just a temporary network issue....
    Guys, don't confuse T-zones with tmobileweb. People that are switching and payng $5.99 are switching to tmobileweb.
    You may be confused ... T-Zones ($4.99/month) became Tmobileweb ($5.99/month), and the specialized forum for downloading ringtones took on the name "T-Zones."

T-Mobile agents still speak of "T-Zones" when they mean what is referred to today as "Tmobileweb." My network profile is still called "T-Zones."
    like I said, people that are switching and paying $5.99 are switching to tmobileweb. Thanks for confirming it.

T-zones is free... check it at http://www.t-zones.com

And I can now stream again....
    like I said, people that are switching and paying $5.99 are switching to tmobileweb. Thanks for confirming it.
    In any case, what "rcgabriel" wrote is right on the money. You will eventually lose the streaming and the no-proxy web browsing!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast