Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I don’t think MobiTV works with the T-zones workaround. At least I haven’t been able to get it to work.
    this is not tzones.... it's new. I get streaming media! I will check mobitv tomorrow!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Sounds like good news, nonobeez! I'll have to switch it out and try it myself later (supposed to be busy with work right now...) I saw a few other posts stating you don't need any proxy information either if you set Network in Preferences for the Treo to T-Zones instead of T-Mobile Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I logged in via the T-zones network connection... no problem streaming music!!! I put an order in to drop the unlimited and get tmobileweb. I had to switch "phones" in my profile so that the tmobileweb option would appear.

I will check the other programs later tomorrow... I am sure they will work. I also did not have make any proxy changes.
    I've tried to stream music using Pocket Tunes (Shoutcast) and have not gotten it to work... is there some sort of setting I need to do? I'm on T-Mo w/ T-Zones. When I swap using my Cingular SIM with MediaWorks, it works just fine. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    DUN works fine, right out of the box (Unlocked GSM box, I don't think they come in a Tmobile box yet).

You can always use PDA Net too, it works regardless of provider.

What settings do you use to make BT DUN work? (username, password, #, etc..) I'd appreciate the help!
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Using t-zones ($4.99) for months and it works perfectly on my treo 650.
    Same thing with PTunes (streaming) and MobiTV.

Regarding BT DUN; name and password are blank, number to dial: *99***1#

IMO, T-Mobile Internet plan ( vs. t-zones) is just an excuse to boost the price of data plan on a PDA phone like the 650.
    I just checked with my phone. I have cingular branded treo 650 unlocked using tmobile service with tmobile web($5.99). I can't go online without setting the proxy. I tried setting the network alone in the prefs but just alone that one doesn't work. So I set up the proxy in the blazer and it goes to online instantly. Streaming media, nope. Nothing for me.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Well, I am officially on the Tmobileweb package. Everything works and it also seems a bit faster, at least blazer. The speed test gave me 148Kbps last night...

programs I checked, Pocket tunes streaming audio, Mobitv(demo channel), worldmate pro, agendus 10, blazer, verichat, versamail, and some others.

I didn't change anything, just connecting via the T-zones confugured in my SIM. I have a new SIM, so maybe other people who have problems will have to configure the network connection manually. Other regions in the country could have certain ports blocked.
    Has anyone else noticed that Blazer's optimized mode doesn't work at all with T-Mobile's proxy, with the result that web pages not designed for PDAs are basically unreadable?

I read somewhere that Nokia has adopted Apple's Safari / KHTML rendering engine and is developing a terrific web browser for viewing normal-sized web pages on a puny PDA ... but it won't run on a Treo.

Is there a workaround, or has anyone found a good third-party replacement for Blazer?
    There is always Opera... Or surf mobile webpages.

I don't think T-mobile's proxy is for reformating web pages. I am sure other carriers have the same results from blazer
    Okay, I switched over to T-zones (aka TMobileWeb) and off of TMobileInternet, so far no problems. Didn't have to use any proxy for Blazer of Versamail. And, I am seeing a speed increase. Unfortunately I can't give you any stats as I wasn't not thinking to check the speed on TMobileInternet before I switched over.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFalken
    Didn't have to use any proxy for Blazer of Versamail.
    I don't know how you're managing without the proxy. Are you sure that you've selected T-Zones in Network preferences?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I think selecting T-Zones automatically handles the proxy from the connection.. I never had to put in anything for the proxy either.. Just swtiched the network connection from unlimited T-Mobile to T-Zones and everything just worked.. err, after a reset that is..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    HI, do you know if T mobile supports mobi tv? thanks, Cash
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    umm, cash, it seems to.. I have used the "free" version and that works.. HAven't spent the $10 to test it fully though.. Nor have I tested T-Mobile's response to extented use with the cheaper plan..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    I think selecting T-Zones automatically handles the proxy from the connection.. I never had to put in anything for the proxy either.. Just swtiched the network connection from unlimited T-Mobile to T-Zones and everything just worked.. err, after a reset that is..
    T-Mobile Web / T-Zones blocks http requests over port 80, so there is no way to use the service without a proxy. T-Mobile obviously wants to differentiate between their $5/month and $20/month service!

I'm not sure what you're doing, but it doesn't sound like you're using T-Zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    There is always Opera... Or surf mobile webpages.

I don't think T-mobile's proxy is for reformating web pages. I am sure other carriers have the same results from blazer
    Opera, the web browser written in Java? There's also Xiino, which is buggy.

When I had AT&T/Cingular, the reformatting of web pages worked just fine. I just don't understand how going through a proxy would influence this.
    There are different types of proxies. Some reformat, some decrease photo size, some speed up browzing via the use of cache, etc...

The problem with Blazer is that it cannot reformat everything to fit on a small screen, I don't think there is anything that can

As fat as using Tmobileweb (T-zones), it works! Why ask why, I am paying less for the same unlimited internet.

The option is "officially" not availble to Treo 600, Ipaq, lackberry, and aircard user. I changed my profile over to the phone I got with the contract and was availble to get in via the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I don't know how you're managing without the proxy. Are you sure that you've selected T-Zones in Network preferences?
    Yep, double checked it. Definately only using T-Zones. TMobileInternet won't work now, I have it removed from my account, so if you try to connect to it via the SIM it fails immediately. T-Zones is the default and only thing I have, no proxy configured, using Blazer and Versamail.

Now, I don't know if this may be the big difference, but I have an Unlocked (ROW) 650, not one that has ever been with any provider. Therefore, no provider customized settings. And Blazer isn't having any issues with displaying in either optimized or wide (standard) page format either.

nonobeez, I realize it was a typeo, but I had to laugh when I saw "lackberry", you just gave me a new name to call the Blackberry, or rather Lackberry devices. LOL!!! Sometimes the best things are discovered by accident.
    Last edited by DrFalken; 12/28/2005 at 04:56 AM.
    Now, I don't know if this may be the big difference, but I have an Unlocked (ROW) 650, not one that has ever been with any provider. Therefore, no provider customized settings.
    I have the same model -- Treo 650, unlocked GSM.

And Blazer isn't having any issues with displaying in either optimized or wide (standard) page format either.
    So you're not having to scroll horizontally?

Well, since the Treo 650 is not supposed to work with T-Mobile Web, I don't think there is anything I can do, but the reports here of T-Mobile Web working without a proxy are the first I've seen. If I turn off the proxy in Blazer, nothing comes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    ...and BTW, the phone rep offered for me to sign-up for Monthly Auto-Debit for my monthly bill, and as long as I am set to pay my bill automatically every month, they credit me $5.99/month which basically pays for my T-Zones :-)
    You're a lucky guy. I called T-Mobile and asked about this, and they acted as if they had never heard of it!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast