Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. oahu's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #1  
    Now I just thought I share this with everyone.

    I just bought the Palm GPS Navigator for the Treo 650, it has TT5 and for $199 delivered I thought that was a fair price. When I received it I put everything on my computer table and read everything which was pretty basic.

    I started to follow the install of Disc 1 ... which went without any problems until I started to run the Nav app from the Treo, then I got the "Armcode not allocated" flashing on a white screen ....... and thought here we go.

    So, I came back this forum and read just about everything there was related to TTx to TT5. I also tried everything that was listed and some of my troubleshooting ...... but none would make the difference. I then check TT support site but there was nothing there that would help me either.

    We are now reaching 7th hour of working on this, so I decided to back to the forums and seach again thinking maybe I might have missed something. And, there was this posting about an update version 5.21 that I read about.

    So, I decided to look further and it seems that some have used this update without removing the old version and some installed after they removed the old version .................. I thought to myself ......... this is one thing that I have not tried YET! So, I removed the old software from my SD card, but left the maps there. I then installed 5.21 which installed on the SD card, I then tried to run it ... but it would not run (I remembered I had to remove and re-insert the SD card) and then the TT came up and ran ............

    I have another Treo and tried to install TT5 on it with the original Disc 1 and it would not work ................. so I must have had a bad Disc 1!!! The map disc's are working just find. I installed 5.21 on the other Treo and it worked just find too!!

    I also notice that It would only asked me for my product number and nothing else ................ I was waiting for it to tell me my device number but It didn't ........... I am not sure if that's normal or not!?!?!?

    In any case I have my xmas present working and I am loving it!! I played with it for hours .................. I think the english female voice is pretty cool !!

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Glad you got it working. I use the English female voice as well. I lke how she says "round about" http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/i...11/noteeth.gif
  3. jberger's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #3  
    BTW: That price with shipping included is great. I checked and my cost at distribution (TechData) is $175 without shipping so it's a great deal.
  4. Bdraper's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by oahu
    Now I just thought I share this with everyone.

    I just bought the Palm GPS Navigator for the Treo 650, it has TT5 and for $199 delivered I thought that was a fair price. When I received it I put everything on my computer table and read everything which was pretty basic.

    I started to follow the install of Disc 1 ... which went without any problems until I started to run the Nav app from the Treo, then I got the "Armcode not allocated" flashing on a white screen ....... and thought here we go.

    So, I came back this forum and read just about everything there was related to TTx to TT5. I also tried everything that was listed and some of my troubleshooting ...... but none would make the difference. I then check TT support site but there was nothing there that would help me either.

    We are now reaching 7th hour of working on this, so I decided to back to the forums and seach again thinking maybe I might have missed something. And, there was this posting about an update version 5.21 that I read about.

    So, I decided to look further and it seems that some have used this update without removing the old version and some installed after they removed the old version .................. I thought to myself ......... this is one thing that I have not tried YET! So, I removed the old software from my SD card, but left the maps there. I then installed 5.21 which installed on the SD card, I then tried to run it ... but it would not run (I remembered I had to remove and re-insert the SD card) and then the TT came up and ran ............

    I have another Treo and tried to install TT5 on it with the original Disc 1 and it would not work ................. so I must have had a bad Disc 1!!! The map disc's are working just find. I installed 5.21 on the other Treo and it worked just find too!!

    I also notice that It would only asked me for my product number and nothing else ................ I was waiting for it to tell me my device number but It didn't ........... I am not sure if that's normal or not!?!?!?

    In any case I have my xmas present working and I am loving it!! I played with it for hours .................. I think the english female voice is pretty cool !!

    Thanks
    Can you please post the link for the $199 GPS?
    Thanks.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Glad you got it working. I use the English female voice as well. I lke how she says "round about" http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/i...11/noteeth.gif
    I use John Cleese - a voice I downloaded from Tom Tom's Plus services section. He is sooo funny! thereagain, I am British.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  6. pmdied's Avatar
    Posts
    409 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #6  
    I just purchased this yesterday; is the 5.2x update for everyone or only European users? The US site lists 5.12 as the available update but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  7. #7  
    pmdied,
    5.2x is for the windows mobile users, palms latest update if 5.12.
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
  8. oahu's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #8  
    Here is the link ......... this is the December 2005 update.

    http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....361&Language=1

    This update is for Palm and Pocket pc!!

    Hope this helps!!
  9. #9  
    The US site still lists 5.12 as the current version.
  10. pmdied's Avatar
    Posts
    409 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #10  
    Thanks again everyone.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I use John Cleese - a voice I downloaded from Tom Tom's Plus services section. He is sooo funny! thereagain, I am British.
    I agree, the John Cleese voice is a riot. I love how he says (upon reaching the destination): "You're on your own."
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    I agree, the John Cleese voice is a riot. I love how he says (upon reaching the destination): "You're on your own."
    You can download some free ones here --> http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/voiceskins.html
  13. #13  
    Folks,

    I have used Mapopolis since the Treo 600 days and generally like it, but it is somewhat "rough around the edges".

    I already have a GPS and Y cable and car mount. If I just want to try or buy the TomTom software -- where can I get just the software cheap?

    Thanks,

    Glenn
  14. oahu's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #14  
    Cheap I do not know!!
    But TomTom's site has it for $149, I do not know if they have a demo or not!
    You might want to check to see if your gps unit is supported by TT5.
  15. ohbw's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #15  
    Thinking about buying one, hate clutter, wonder how well it can be integrated into my A8. Email to whobuddhanow@yahoo.com. Thanks.
    Brian

Posting Permissions