1.    #1  
    I had my screen protector off cause I couldn't write on notepad with it on, it wouldn't recognize unless I pushed down hard on it.. anyway I took it off and it works fine, but when writing on it, I felt some "give" in the screen so I turned the Treo sideways and looked at it from the side. With the volume button facing me...

Looking from this angle straight across the screen I took my stylus and touched the screen like I was tapping an icon and you could really see it "give", like their is "cushion" built in. Is that normal???

It's almost like it has a built in screen protector... I just wanted to see if that was normal, thinking that might have something to do with the handwriting recognition problem with the protector on...

MG
    Actually, that is how the touch screen works. There is two layers with a gap between them and a grid. When you touch the screen it pushes the two layers together at a certain point on the grid. The OS reads the grid coordinates and knows where you touched. So the short answer is yes, you should see that flex and no, it is not part of the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Actually, that is how the touch screen works. There is two layers with a gap between them and a grid. When you touch the screen it pushes the two layers together at a certain point on the grid. The OS reads the grid coordinates and knows where you touched. So the short answer is yes, you should see that flex and no, it is not part of the problem.
    Thanks!