1.    #1  
    I am sorry to post this, but is this the same problem people have been getting replacements for?

I have ALL sound when nothing is plugged in - as soon as I try and plug in a headset I get no sound in the earpeice. If I try and plug in stero headphones, i get light mono sound in the earpeices (unless I push it to one side, then it is loud stereo).

I know this is talked aobut other places, but it seems others loose all sound, mine is just when there is something plugged in...

Thanks
    GIS Guy,

Do you mean by "unless I push it to one side" the balance setting in pTunes or your mp3 player or do you mean physically pushing the headphone plug to one side?

Read this too: http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=101336
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I had read that before, and sounded like the same problem - but - I have been using the earpeice that came with the phone and a set of Sony headphones with the L adapter for a while without any problems. Now all of a sudden the no sound thing is happening.

I use the L adapter with the headphones - that is what I was meaning by pushing to the side, I have to hold it to one side to get the sound. And I can't even do anything to get the earpeice that came with the phone to work.

I know this might sound like "another one of thos posts", but like I said, the jack thing seems to affect the sounds when there is nothing pluged into the jack...