1.    #1  
    I've been playing this game for a few days now....Fish Tycoon and it's just a bid too addictive. You're job is to breed exotic types of fish and sell them to build your store. The only thing is...the game is persistant...meaning when you stop playing, your fish still are growing, getting sick, etc...

And when you breed them, it takes awhile to give birth (i.e. you start the game, breed the fish, feed them, sell some of them, buy any upgrades you can and log off....then come back in a few hours and do it again).

When I first started playing, I thought the game was extremely boring...and that's because it takes while for things to start happening. But now I take off a few minutes at work to make sure my fishies are all right.

I have a feeling that once my store succeeds...the replay value will be nothing. But it's fun the first time around!
    Last edited by RicoM; 12/20/2005 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    But now I take off a few minutes at work to make sure my fishies are all right.
    This made me laugh.

So how many hours do you have devoted to it thusfar?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Get help sooner rather than later.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just downloaded(sp?) it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just downloaded(sp?) it.
    One quick hint...the more expensive fish you'll find are harder to keep alive. But once you make one, you can find out what the parents where...so make a rare fish, find out who the parents are...and sell the fish immediately (while his health is still up there) and use the parents to make two more "rare" fish. I've found one fish that sells for around $60 and the two parents are pretty hardy...so I just keep popping those guys out and selling immediately until I have enough cash to research environment (which will keep the rare fish alive easier).
    Last edited by RicoM; 12/20/2005 at 02:26 PM.
    Another hint...you can pause the game if you won;t have time to tend to your fish for a while...

Also, the yellow "magic" fish, I forget the name, is the most expensive one I have found, so I keep creating more of them to sell....lots of money from that.

I have one more magic fish to "find" to complete the game....and I have over $70k in my bank, and have purchased everything I can buy....don't ask how many hours....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  7.    #7  
    Alright EOJ....if your treo resets...is there a way to save your last game?! I don't want to start over!!!!!!!!
    Well...my treo has not reset in a long time...been rock solid, however I run the game off my card. Have never had an issue with it, just takes an extra second or two to launch.
    - Albert Einstein
    using powerrun or a launcher to run from card?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    using powerrun or a launcher to run from card?
    ZLauncher
    - Albert Einstein