Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I just bought a treo 600 and downloaded the pocket Tunes (free with reg.) version 2.3.2
    The problem is, I have tried 4 different headsets and it sounds like most of the sound is coming out of one speaker.

I have adjusted the balance control all the way to the left and I can hear a little coming from the left speaker, But mostly it's coming from the right side.

I bought the radio shack 2.5 -3.5 adapter. Is there a differance between the radio shack adapter and the treo adapter?

I was also looking at the seidio 2 in 1 headsets, Do they work all that much different?

I don't mind paying for something that will work, But I don't want to waste a bunch of money ether.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    I would stop using the radio shack adapter...it caused me all sorts of issues on my jack.

Plus if you are only hearing sound out of one side, you probably have the wrong adapter anyway.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I have the radio shack adapter...( a rather long thing with 2.5 male and 3.5 female). it works fine, although as I said, the jack is pretty long.

As for only hearing in one ear....make sure you have the right adapter and that the headphones are OK...I had a similar problem when I first tried my Ptunes in that my chosen headphones were old walkman phones that had long passed their prime.

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron
    I just bought a treo 600 and downloaded the pocket Tunes (free with reg.) version 2.3.2
    The problem is, I have tried 4 different headsets and it sounds like most of the sound is coming out of one speaker.

I have adjusted the balance control all the way to the left and I can hear a little coming from the left speaker, But mostly it's coming from the right side.

I bought the radio shack 2.5 -3.5 adapter. Is there a differance between the radio shack adapter and the treo adapter?

I was also looking at the seidio 2 in 1 headsets, Do they work all that much different?

I don't mind paying for something that will work, But I don't want to waste a bunch of money ether.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    It's most likely the case that the adapter isn't plugged all the way in. I remember people having to trim the plastic so that it would fit better.
    Now that you mention it...I took an exacto knife to mine to get some of the plastic norrower at the point end as it inserts into the Treo.

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs
    Now that you mention it...I took an exacto knife to mine to get some of the plastic norrower at the point end as it inserts into the Treo.

Skigs
    Yeah, I had to do the same thing. (and I had issues with the jack thinking it was plugged in all the time.) My recommendation is not to use the radio shack one.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Although I also use it, I also recommend not using it. Sadly, other adapters/headsets are, um, unreasonably priced. (Hey, if you know of a good deal, let us know)
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the responce,
    I trimed the adapter first thing when i bought it, And it still didnt work right, But last night after posting, The headset starting working great.

I also noticed that the voice dialit (free demo) had expired last night at the same time. I think it had something to do with that app. But it's working good for now.

Thanks again.
    Ron Potts