Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I recv'd my 4Gb SD card today... I had purchased a 2Gb card that was corrupt and the vender was kind enough to replace it with a 4Gb card unaware that my T650 could only handle the 2Gb.

So I kept the card in hopes that I would find a way to get the larger card to work...and in searching the archives I came across a hack for formatting to FAT32.

It seems like that hack didn't work and the Fat32 was not compatible with the Treo650...

Has there been any progress in getting the 4Gb SD to work?

I have no idea how to go about using the hack and fear doing something that renders the card useless...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    nm
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    I recv'd my 4Gb SD card today... I had purchased a 2Gb card that was corrupt and the vender was kind enough to replace it with a 4Gb card unaware that my T650 could only handle the 2Gb.

So I kept the card in hopes that I would find a way to get the larger card to work...and in searching the archives I came across a hack for formatting to FAT32.

It seems like that hack didn't work and the Fat32 was not compatible with the Treo650...

Has there been any progress in getting the 4Gb SD to work?

I have no idea how to go about using the hack and fear doing something that renders the card useless...

I read some of the other threads about 4GB SD card and from what I got out of it...they could get the treo to recognize the card as a 2GB card. Not exactly the best thing, but it is at least not "useless" as you stated.
    What if you partitioned the 4 gb SD card into two 2gb sections?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I don't thin 2 separate partitions will make a difference because it can only see one card at a time.
    PHONES:

Business: Handspring Treo 650
    Personal: Motorola RAZR V3c
    Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.
    The card can only be paritioned using Linux, not Windows. It's been done, but so far, no one has come up with a way to switch between partitions.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I read some of the other threads about 4GB SD card and from what I got out of it...they could get the treo to recognize the card as a 2GB card. Not exactly the best thing, but it is at least not "useless" as you stated.
    My "useless" comment was more directed at the end result of my trying to apply the patch etc...

I'll hold the 4Gb card possibly for my camera...I have another 2Gb card on the way.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Will the 4gb card be recognized in a PPC?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Good question! I'd like to know that as well. It will help to make my decision as to whether or not I am jumping to WM5 or waiting for the 700p.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    It would be nice if that poster on newegg can share with us how he/she got it to work on his/her treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    It would be nice if that poster on newegg can share with us how he/she got it to work on his/her treo 650.
    It should work as a 2gb card, anyway....
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    they might be lying
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Will the 4gb card be recognized in a PPC?

Apparently some PPC devices will support 4GB cards...don't know which ones for sure though...

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $palm$ $devices$ $that$ $have$ $gotten$ &$gt$;&$gt$;$2GB$ $expansion$ $cards$ $to$ $work$ $via$ $the$ $patched$ $FAT32$ $driver$ $from$ $the$ $Lifedrive$ $are$ $all$ $Sony$ $clies$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions