Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of getting a USB Bluetooth adapter (A D-Link DBT-120) for my laptop and desktop so I can HotSync via BlueTooth. Has anyone here used this specific adapter to do a HotSync using Windows XP? If so, what do I need to know and is there a better choice of BT adapter for me? Is syncing via Bluetooth faster or slower than using the USB cable? Thanks for any help!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    i use a Comp USA BT adpapter and it works great. At the time it was less expensive than the D-Link.

Syncing is much slower using BT than a USB cable.
    My problem with the "dongle" type USB BT adaptors is I don't do very well with things "hanging off" my computer. I went through TWO different units within a month or so. Finally broke down and bought a PCMCIA BT card (from Zoom) and use it. It's been almost 4 months now, and working great. Plus, since I leave it in all the time, I recently bought a BT mouse that works great with it as well.
    I am using that exact same model you asked. DBT-120 from D-Link. It's really a great dongle. Syncing time is slow though and I lost connection like twice. It's all because of the treo not because of the dongle. A bit tricky to install the software to use all the functions but all in all, I am happy with it.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    My problem with the "dongle" type USB BT adaptors is I don't do very well with things "hanging off" my computer. I went through TWO different units within a month or so. Finally broke down and bought a PCMCIA BT card (from Zoom) and use it. It's been almost 4 months now, and working great. Plus, since I leave it in all the time, I recently bought a BT mouse that works great with it as well.
    second that - used the d-link (wanna buy one ?) but didn't like something sticking out. Went to the zoom - works well.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks guys.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....