1.    #1  
    I am getting resets on incoming phone calls or sms messages when my 650 has been unused for more than 30 mins or so. This is fairly new for me as I have had a rock solid phone since I got it in March. I have upgraded to Cingular 1.15, then did the most recent update to 1.17 and it was at that time I started getting the resets. At the time of the 1.17 upgrade, I did a zero out reset and loaded all the same programs back on my treo with the following exceptions:

Changed DocToGo from version 7 to version 8
    Deleted Snappermail and Added ChatterEmail
    Added AudibleAir, just had Audible previously

I have searched the boards looking for possible reasons and haven't come up with anything that has worked.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats going on with my phone? Please let me know if you need anymore detailed information.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    Hi Jason!

Is this the loose SIM problem, somehow now just coming to roost? If you do not have the new SIM tray yet (and even if you do) try three thicknesses of scotch tape on the back of the SIM to see if this provides the necessary snugness to keep a good contact.

(I know this is off the wall thinking -- but Treo's do get warm when in use -- is this warmth enough to keep things "tight" but when the Treo cools for thirty minutes -- the "tightness" contracts and you get the loose SIM problem?)

Cheers, Perry.
    It's more than likely being caused by a bug in the 1.17 update. Several of us are experiencing it.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 12/19/2005 at 08:51 PM.
    Ah, the Cingular side of the world is heard from. . . . . . if I was voting between Post #2 and Post #3 . . . . . I would go with Post#3.

Cheers, Perry.
    are you using Lightwav? If so do NOT use their LW player as this causes resets galore!!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies. I replaced my sim tray with the new one I got from cingular/palm just for the heck of it.

digitalfx: I am using Lightwav, but I am using pTunes for the music player.

lgreenberg: Have any suggestions on what to do? Is it worth moving back down to 1.15 (if thats even possible?)

Thanks,
    Jason
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    what other apps are installed?

btw- did you check your sw version to be sure the update installed properly?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    what other apps are installed?

btw- did you check your sw version to be sure the update installed properly?
    My sw version says 1.17 so I can only assume it installed correctly.

As for the software installed:

2dial
    9-Ball*
    Audible
    AudibleAir*
    Backup
    Bkgammon
    Bonsai
    BrokenSword*
    Chatter
    DatavizTech
    Dir Assist
    DocsToGo
    FileZ
    HandZipperLite
    Hold'Em
    KBLightsOff
    Keyboard (ThinkOutside BT Keyboard Driver)
    KeyCaps600
    LightWav
    MicroQuad*
    mobileClock
    Mobipocket
    MobiTV
    Monopoly*
    PayOffPlus
    PktQuicken
    PowerRun
    pTunes
    Rally1000
    Scrabble*
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    TableTennis3D*
    TCPMP*
    TicTacMax*
    TopOfTheLeague*
    Verichat
    Yahdice

Also have a phone overlay from one of the threads on here showing that shows all the options minus the E911 for GSM phones.

*Indicates that it is being run off SD Card with PowerRun

This is being run off of the standard 1.17 sw Cingular Update with all the included updater software (i.e. GetGood, RealPlayer, VersaMail, etc.)

It also shows that I have 9.8M of free space on my phone currently.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Try deleting PhoneCallDB it amy be corrupted and cuse reset as it is updated on incoming calls. Otherwise, the standard suggestion:

Backup.
    Hard Reset
    Does the problem occur?
    If yes, return the unit for replacement
    If not, re-install applications one at a time until the culprit is found

Let us know which one it was...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester1275
    I am getting resets on incoming phone calls or sms messages when my 650 has been unused for more than 30 mins or so. This is fairly new for me as I have had a rock solid phone since I got it in March. I have upgraded to Cingular 1.15, then did the most recent update to 1.17 and it was at that time I started getting the resets. At the time of the 1.17 upgrade, I did a zero out reset and loaded all the same programs back on my treo with the following exceptions:

Changed DocToGo from version 7 to version 8
    Deleted Snappermail and Added ChatterEmail
    Added AudibleAir, just had Audible previously

I have searched the boards looking for possible reasons and haven't come up with anything that has worked.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats going on with my phone? Please let me know if you need anymore detailed information.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    I just want to see if you have VolumeCare loaded. There were several versions of VolumeCare that could cause resets on incoming SMS messages. Version 5.01 of VolumeCare fixed this problem for good. Version 4.46 had an option to disable SMS processing in VolumeCare. This was a menu option in the SMS Registration menu screen.

But again, this reset condition has been addressed and no longer exists in version 5.01 of VolumeCare. Upgrades for registered users are free.

Jeff
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Try deleting PhoneCallDB it amy be corrupted and cuse reset as it is updated on incoming calls. Otherwise, the standard suggestion:

Backup.
    Hard Reset
    Does the problem occur?
    If yes, return the unit for replacement
    If not, re-install applications one at a time until the culprit is found

Let us know which one it was...

Just deleted the PhoneCallDB and the MessageDatabase as well and will see how it reacts. Will keep you informed.

Jeffgibson: Thanks for the message, but I had not installed VolumeCare, as I had not had any problems with volume levels. Its nice to see a developer who goes above and beyond for their users like you do from what I have seen. Kudos!
    >>Also have a phone overlay from one of the threads on here showing that shows all the options minus the E911 for GSM phones.<<

Is this a version specifially for ver 1.17??

This would be the first thing I would delete, and see if it is causing the issue. Very likely suspect.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    >>Also have a phone overlay from one of the threads on here showing that shows all the options minus the E911 for GSM phones.<<

Is this a version specifially for ver 1.17??

This would be the first thing I would delete, and see if it is causing the issue. Very likely suspect.

Thanks digitalfx....I didn't think of that. I deleted the PhoneCallDB and MessagesDB and am going to try that for a day and see if the resets come. If so, I will delete that next.

Thanks everyone for the help!