1.    #1  
    Hello. I am currently using a Treo 600 and desperately waiting to upgrade to the next Treo 700p (or whatever it will be called). I had too many stability problems with the Treo 650 and returned it.

I am most envious of Bluetooth capabilities on the Treo 650. Upon upgrading to the next Treo (hopefully soon), I would like to know if I can I listen to PocketTunes via a single-ear Bluetooth headset? I know it will be in mono, but from time to time, I would rather simply have this capability with a single earpiece.

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Russell
    My understanding is that this is only possible with BT 1.2 (which the 700w has and hopefully the 700p will have.)

Maybe someone else can chime in?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The 700w does have BT 1.2 but doesn't support the A2DP profile needed to make it work, as I recall
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    I know BT 1.2 supports Bluetooth stereo headsets. But does it support listening to music in a single-ear Bluetooth ear piece?

What is the A2DP profile?

Thanks,
    Russell
    Google or search this board and ye shall find

A2DP is the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile which provides support for streaming either mono or stereo audio over Bluetooth.

According to the 700 manual:

Using a hands-free device with Bluetooth wireless technology
    Your Treo smartphone is also compatible with many headsets and car kits enabled with Bluetooth
    wireless technology version 1.1 or 1.2. Please note, however, that you cannot use a Bluetooth
    headset to listen to MP3 files on your smartphone.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101226

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Google or search this board and ye shall find
    It's harder to search when you are mobile. (Ok, Im not now but I was. )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You can get bluetooth 1.2 adapters that plug into the Treo 650's hotsync connector that will allow you to do this I think. At least it works for voice dialling...
  8.    #8  
    I appreciate your guys input.

Why does the Treo always, "almost" do everything I need it to do?

Thanks,
    Russell
    Last edited by Fender Doc; 12/20/2005 at 03:47 PM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc

Thanks,
    Russell
    It's on the bleeding edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc

Thanks,
    Russell
    So they will get you to buy the next one.