1.    #1  
    What is the best freeware software to convert an (AudioBook on CD) i just purchased to mp3? I want to be able to listen to it on the 600 using PocketTunes. Also, is a 1g sd card enough space for the final converted mp3 file?
    Have you tried using itunes to import it to an mp3?

1 GB should be more than enough.
    You can also use Windows Media.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Can you use windows media to convert to mp3? I can only convert to wma which real player does not play. I really don't have a need for ptunes deluxe.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  5.    #5  
    Windows Media worked GREAT! You CAN convert to mp3. Just change it in the options tab from wma to mp3.
    To save space you might also consider setting the MP3 file to Mono rather than stereo and really have no need for encoding above 64/44. It is rare to find any audiobook where a stereo encoding would be useful and then it is just the occasional musical intros. High encoding rates are just wasteful for speech and others will probably insist on much smaller encoding rates than even 64/44.
    You are better off saving space and getting more book/s onto your device at once.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thats great thanks for the help!

Next question. Can windows media player convert existing wma files into mp3?

Thanks,

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Not directly, that I know of.