1.    #1  
    After updating the Realplayer app on my 650, there are 2 Realplayer icons on the handheld. One is for v1.6.0 and the other is for v1.6.1. How do I get rid of the old versions icon?
    one is installed in rom and cannot be updated or deleted.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.
    Is it better to keep them both and just use 1.6.1? I had them both installed and ended up deleting the new one, but am having a lot of trouble running the old version.

Every 3-4 songs I have to do a soft reset, because the screen locks up (does not respond to any buttons).

I wrote to Real.com to ask them what to do with the old version, but no answer yet.

If you notice, this page lists the 650:
    http://www.real.com/realmobile/palmone.html

The version that is loaded in ROM does not specifically mention the 650, only the 600:
    http://www.realnetworks.com/industri...alm/index.html

Also another problem I just had was the display listing one song name and the player actually playing a different song. It did this for 2 songs in a row before correctly changing to the correct song.
    Palm Professional --> Palm III --> Visor Edge --> Treo 90 --> Sprint Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Saulk,
    From your post it seems that your trouble started when you deleted the new version. Is that right? If so, I'd re-install it and see what happens. I have very little experience using the app, as I've just started using it within the last week or so. But I haven't had any problems at all. I didn't use the 'old' version at all before updating to 1.6.1 so I can't talk about the differences between them.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. The update does not replace the old version. I'd like to know if it is possible to update the ROM RealPlayer. If not, is there a good utility to delete or move files out of ROM? FileZ will not move those files.
    Yep two icons, am really starting to hate real player. So where stuck with two icons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen
    After updating the Realplayer app on my 650, there are 2 Realplayer icons on the handheld. One is for v1.6.0 and the other is for v1.6.1. How do I get rid of the old versions icon?
    You cannot get rid of the program that came on the Treo (and does not play RealPlayer formatted songs), so I banished that icon to a category called "Do not Use", so I do not have to look at it or confuse it with the downloaded version that does play RealPlayer songs.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/30/2005 at 09:30 AM.