1.    #1  
    A different kind of freezing for Treo...

I've had projectors that would not lid for a whole morning after leaving it in the cold car overnight. I've had my PPC froze and laptop not turning on for a whole day after spending the night in the freezing car. Infact, my PPC's GPS is useless in the morning if I left it in the car overnight. It will be in reset/reboot loop until it warmed up by late afternoon.

Anyone left the Treo in cold cars for extended period? Anyone freeze the Treo (say -10 to -20F or about -20 to -30C) before? I like to hear your experience.
    Thaw it slowly, inside a sealed ziplock with one or two of those silca packets, so condensation does not get inside the Treo.

There was another thread on this. Be right back.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=freezer

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/19/2005 at 01:26 PM.
  3. tmt
    Lithium Ion batteries have basically no power at around -20C, so I would expect extremely poor performance, at best. Probably dead as a post. The electronics would probably be fine however.
    I thought you weren't supposed to subject electronics to temperature extremes anyway.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Move to the desert and you usually don't have to read the warnings anymore
    My WS HDTV remote becomes unresponsive at 47F.
    Do you people live in the Tundra?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Do you people live in the Tundra?
    Almost, Chicagoland !
    Yeah, brrrrr! Days like these make me grateful for a home office!

But 47F isn't that bad. Do HDTV remotes really stop around that temp?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sunny and 65
    Actually, I'd choose Miami. I like east coast cities.

Yeah...I hear ya! Too humid though...Here in the desert, "It's a Dry Heat"

God I hate that saying!