1.    #1  
    OK. First things first. I am aware of hardware versions A and B. Well, I think there is now an undocumented C. I have now been through 4 Treo's all with defects.

Treo 1
    - Down button did not work consistently
    - Up button on side did not work consistently
    - Call quality degrading

Treo 2
    Defective screen (dim) and keyboard (dim)

Treo 3
    Damaged on delivery. Phone case scratched by floating battery cover in box.

Treo 4
    - Mute switch is loose and rattling
    - Screen is getting dimmer snd dimmer

So, what's this all about? Are others experiencing this? Is this an indicator that the switch to Inventec as the manufacturer has happened and I'm getting early run hardware?

Thoughts?

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by DadOCarson; 12/22/2005 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DadOCarson
    Treo 4
    Screen is getting dimmer snd dimmer
    I've got this problem. I actually prefer the screen and keyboard being dimmer. My previous Treo seemed to be as bright as the sun....didn't like that at all. I can live with the mute switch problem..
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Treo 4
    I also have a loose/ratting mute switch. It has been the same on two separate Treos I've been through. I'm not really sure if this is a defect, or an overall lack of quality design and manufacturing. I don't believe Palm considers this a defect.
  4.    #4  
    If I'm not the only one with the mute switch problem, that makes me feel better.

The screen, it seems sharper than the others, just dimmer. Maybe the battery life will be better.

Is there a common problem thread?
  5.    #5  
    And the hits just keep coming.......

Just received a replacement and there is a dead pixel inthe top dead center of the screen.

Something's got to be changed in the manufacturing process. This is getting rediculous.

Anyone else going through 5 and 6 Treos?
    And the hits just keep coming.......

Just received a replacement and there is a dead pixel inthe top dead center of the screen.

Something's got to be changed in the manufacturing process. This is getting rediculous.

Anyone else going through 5 and 6 Treos?
    Sorry to hear that. I'm still on the same 650 I bought nearly 13 months ago.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    what network are you on - sounds like they ought to throw a month or two free for all your troubles...
    I'm on my First GSM Treo 650 which I've had since April. I sent it back as the 'P' key had stopped working properly - lost its click feel. Palm fixed it and it all seems fine to me.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201