Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Please help me with some questions I have regarding transferring data from my 600 to the 650

I synced up my 650 to my computer and it put in all my contacts, calendar entries, etc but it didnt transfer my SMS messages that were on my 600 to my 650. Is that normal?

Also- a BIG gripe for me - Is there a program out that would allow my 650 to sort my contacts by First Name, Last Name like the 600 does? I cannot take the sorting format of the 650 and cant function properly without it sorted it properly.

Lastly - my pictures from my 600 didnt transfer either. Is that normal? Anyway to get the pics on the 650?
    Hi JD76!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Photos
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...photo+transfer
    post #6

Contacts
    Sorting, as you request it, is an issue, but, when in contacts, if you start typing in a first or a last name -- the Treo 650 takes you to the contacts that fit what you have typed thus far and gives you a list of matches to choose from . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/19/2005 at 01:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thank you Perry for your help.

Im on a Mac and I sync my information thru isync and not palm's programs. I called Palm and they said SMS messages cannot be transferred since the 600 and 650 dont use the same file system for SMS messages.

What I ant figure out is - how do I get the photos OFF my 600 and on to my computer so I can then send them to my 650?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I found the answer about transferring photos from my 600 to my computer from their site:

NOTE: If you store the pictures in memory on your Treo 600, they will not transfer over using this method. If you want to do this, you'll have to keep them stored on an expansion card, or copy them to the card

=(