Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Can you post a link for ListPro please?
    Wow...I thought ListPro was on that original list....I guess I assumed it was. Anyway, here it is....ListPro
    I'd like to add votes for the following:

1. zLauncher

2. TAKEphONE is a must for single-handed address lookup and automatic DTMF passcode handling.

3. 2day with the embedded 4cast plugin (okay, that's technically an extra app--I cheated just a bit )

4. pTunes becomes essential once you use it.

5. Uninstall Manager is essential if you like to tinker with third-part apps.

And I want to nominate 2dial for the board. Its a utility that auto-launches when dialing or receiving IVR calls (voice mail, bank, airlines, etc) and allows you to dial predefined codes that perform certain functions (login, save, delete, skip, etc). This app, alongside TAKEphONE makes IVR calls (voicemail for one) much, much easier. You don't have to use hard buttons, you don't have to memorize which commands are for which voice-mail system (is delete 3 or *3 for this voice mail?) it's all programmed in.

There are sooo many others. But these are apps that I would be hard-pressed to do without.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Can you make the apps that are free show in a different color?
    There are a lot of apps I love and I wouldn't want to do without. As for essential, however, I think about what I believe should be (should have been) included by palm on the treo for everybody. For example, I much prefer PTunes and love TakePhone, but had I never known they existed, I would be ok. Without the following, I would be very frustrated with the Treo and might have even returned the thing or swapped it for something else:

-VolumeCare
    -LEDoff
    -1/2 Butler (I would not classify everything on it as ESSENTIAL but a lot is, like the hotkey feature and alarm control)
    -FileZ
    -KBlights out (was absolutly vital before you could dim the keyboard, still essential IMO)
    -BackupBuddy

When you think about the things these apps do, they are things that cannot be done on the Treo without them (or a similar app) while with PTunes etc. those are apps that do what the Treo can already do, just better.

And when you think about what these apps do (turn off the keyboard, control alarms, hotkeys from any app, real deletion of files, turn off the led, really adjust volume, Backup the darn thing) you wonder how could Palm have NOT put apps like these on the things in the first place!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Can you make the apps that are free show in a different color?
    Free applications are now in red. If I missed any, just post it (I'm sure there are a few) and I'll change the application text to red.
    I neve rthought of Docs2Go as free.....I paid for it when you bought my phone. Upgrades are going to cost me....the other apps , upgrades are free
    4) KeyCaps - This is a beautiful program. It just makes typing much easier and more effortless. I'm guessing most people have this program and just forget they use it. It runs in the background and is a DEFINATELY must! (and it's free!)
    I think that TreoKeyHack is a better solution to obtain the same effect.

Is less invasive, and support the text select function too.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?TreoKeyHack
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    My six:

1. Pocket Tunes

2. ChatterEmail

3. Zlauncher

4. Volume Care

5. Uninstall

6. Agendus Pro
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    I think that TreoKeyHack...
    Is less invasive, and support the text select function too.
    It appears to have one "feature" that is not good for me.
    If you have assigned a key to a "favourite" item, then
    keeping the key pressed, executes the command (phone
    call...etc.)

It has one feature that is a killer, though: It cycles
    e->E->1->[backspace]! This is not so with KeyCaps600.

- mvk
    Game over!
    I would add McPhling.

See my recent post at http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=109674
    CallFilter
    ZLauncher
    pTunes
    Dir Assist
    ePocrates(for my particular field)
    Applock
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    6. Agendus Pro
    I'd go along with that.

After defecting to the 'dark side' for a year, it was Agendus's power and simplicity that I missed the most.

The Pocket PC programs offering similar functionality (Agendus Fusion and Pocket Informant) weren't a patch on Agendus.

And having to use Outlook - even with the Agendus Desktop plug in -was a nightmare too.

So I'm coming back to the Palm (treo 650 arriving on order soon!)

Not sure if it's already listed, but although a game is hardly 'essential', I always install Sol Free pretty sharpish on any new Palm!
    [QUOTE

3. 2day with the embedded 4cast plugin (okay, that's technically an extra app--I cheated just a bit )

.[/QUOTE]

I have been using Weekview for a long time and this 2Day program might be worth switching too......guess I will try the trial first.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann

I have been using Weekview for a long time and this 2Day program might be worth switching too......guess I will try the trial first.
    I recommend it highly. Especially if you want to pair it with 4cast. If you use Weekview you might be interested to know that now 4cast is imbedded into the 2day weekview as well.
    Warden Security is a good option for securing your device.
    GeoNiche - off road GPS navigator
    Thanks for the list, I am long time Treo user who has essentially not had the time to do alot with my 650. Since I am not all that impressed with 700's and still awaiting Vista to come out. I wanted a few things to add to my phone.
    Ok after my best calendar / datebook thread I have decided to make a "Best Programs Ever" thread in order for everyone to see what everyone else really likes to use and to be able to "pimp your treo" even further than you ever thought (you know the whole two minds are greater than one theory...)

Anyway.......if you want, please post your FAVORITE, MUST HAVE APP for your treo and briefly descibe why its a must have for all..........

Also, feel free to post more than once or more than one app and also agree and/or disagree with previous posts.....

In the end, ill compile the list and create an all-star programs line-up (trying to have an ultimate program for each category, ie one calendar program, one launcher, etc.....

Ill start the list with a system utility program.........

VolumeCare Pro - a great must have to help further increase your system volume to enable to hear those low-talkers or to crack up the volume in those loud enviornments.
    Backup Buddy,
    reason: obvious
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Already discussed. Check out this thread (see above -RB, link removed after merge)
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/07/2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: removed link after merge
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast