Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.eforcity.com/dhantreohs03.html Insten Adapter for 3.99
    # Enjoy your favorite music in full stereo sound with this adapter and your own stereo headphones.
    # Features:

* Clip: Clip it to your shirt/collar for easy access.
    * Any Stereo Headset: Listen to your favorite music with any stereo headset (3.5mm plug) while picking up your calls anytime you want! (Headset sold separately.)
    * Volume Control: Adjust volume with in-line controller.
    * Answer/End with 1-Touch: Answer & end calls with an easy click on the main unit.
    * Microphone: Omni-directional high quality microphone allows crystal clear conversation.

# Works with any standard 3.5 mm headphones.
    # Compatible with Treo 650 smartphone
    # Perfect for listening to your favorite MP3s.
    # Color: Silver
    # Brand: Insten
    http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg....y_1876_7913352

VS.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ies/---158.htm Seidio 2-in-1 Adapter (Retractable) for Treo 700w/650 For 27.95

Talk or listen to music with most 3.5 mm headphones using the Seidio 2-in-1 Adapter.

Now you can talk on your Treo 700w or Treo 650 and listen to the MP3 music with most 3.5 mm headphones of your choice.

* It comes with microphone, one touch button and in-line music and phone volume control.
    * A clip is on the back of console
    * Light weight, comfortable in-the-ear design for discrete listening.
    * Plug directly into your Treo 700w or Treo 650 headset jack
    * 2.5 mm gold plated L-shaped Stereo plug

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/158.jpg

Other than the cosmetics (the Insten is larger) and the lack of retractable cable, what are the differences here? Can they both function properly off of that Treo headset as a remote for Ptunes software?
    Yes! Add to that the fact that the Seidio headset has an average life of about 3 months! I just purchased the Boxwave 2-in-1 retractable headset...I love there's now Seidio competition all round!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Yes! Add to that the fact that the Seidio headset has an average life of about 3 months! I just purchased the Boxwave 2-in-1 retractable headset...I love there's now Seidio competition all round!
    Have you tried Seidio new 2 in1 yet ? Top audio quality and very reliable/ durable,

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Yeah they should be able to control pocket tunes somewhat if you have software like Headset Control or magicButton.

Wow, that Insten one looks like the 3.5mm adapter is integrated into the control box! I want to try one now. They also have a 15% off coupon: JINGLE12

At only a fraction of the cost of the Seidio 2-in-1 adapter, this thing is a steal. Even if they only last a couple of months, you can buy like nine of them for the price of one Seidio 2-in-1 adapter.

I wanna see Seidio match or beat this price.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/19/2005 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Have you tried Seidio new 2 in1 yet ? Top audio quality and very reliable/ durable,

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    That's lovely and all, but what about the money I spent all this year on your old models which you also claimed was 'very reliable/durable'? What was wrong with it that it couldn't last more than 3 months? i have about 5 at home that are all non-functioning.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Hey Seidio,

Please get us a 2-in-1 stereo adaptor with the 3.5mm integrated into the control box SOON!!! I like your products but at 3.99, I am about to buy this big thing by insten if you don't make some moves pretty soon.
    just be careful of Eforcity..
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5212.html
    You really have to be bad to have a rating that low (~2.5 out of 10 ...the average company gets a 7)

..at least you arent talking much $
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Has anyone had **any** experience with Insten products? Any quality/reliability issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    just be careful of Eforcity..
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5212.html
    You really have to be bad to have a rating that low (~2.5 out of 10 ...the average company gets a 7)

..at least you arent talking much $

WOW!!! they are below the low average...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I've dealt with their eBay store before and they were pretty good...
  11.    #11  
    their ebay store has cheaper shipping to canada and us(5.99 instead of 15.99). shipping is the killer here, even the regular 2.5->3.5mm adapters have 20$ dollars shipping to canda, its 3.99 to the US.

edit: their shipping is 4.99 standard, sorry i was using 3 day express.
    Last edited by question; 01/08/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    That's lovely and all, but what about the money I spent all this year on your old models which you also claimed was 'very reliable/durable'? What was wrong with it that it couldn't last more than 3 months? i have about 5 at home that are all non-functioning.
    I'm with you. I wasted money on two seidio adapters as well. I don't think either of mine lasted 3 months

How's the Boxwave 2-in-1 working out?
    I actually just realized I have purchased before from eforcity... Really inexpensive and no problems. I would check their ebay rating, can't be that bad. I don't purchase from just any merchant.

I purchased a battery and recieved a retractable hotsync cable for free. Both products work fine under constant use. The hotsync cable is Insten.

I just received some boxwave stuff, I will let you guys know how it works out. I have an Insten cradle on the way also.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  14.    #14  
    crap i shouldnt have posted the link to the insten before buying a few myself. now theyre all sold out.
    I hope this sends some kind of message to Seidio. The price for their 2-in-1 adapter is rediculously high and they didn't even have any kind holiday sale this year.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I've bought a fair amount of Insten stuff off of ebay. One retractable cable was defective, but 4 others are fine (and have been holding up well to light usage). I have Treo, iPod (usb and video), and standard usb cables from Insten, as well as an iPod cradle. The quality is better than I thought it would be, actually. Oh yeah, for my old iPod I had an Insten remote too. That was good as well. I BELIEVE that Eforcity is the same seller as Accstation and a few others. Slow shipping, but good prices and decent stuff.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I hope this sends some kind of message to Seidio. The price for their 2-in-1 adapter is rediculously high and they didn't even have any kind holiday sale this year.
    price doesnt matter when it breaks in 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by question
    price doesnt matter when it breaks in 3 months.
    Doesn't matter for the Insten cause I can get 3 or 4 for the price of one Seidio 2-in-1 AND I take care of all my gear and usually they last me 2 or 3 times longer than they are supposed to. I think there are others here that take care of their gear too.
  19.    #19  
    PWNed for Seado, i just ordered 5 Insten adapters.
    There still available.................

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ter&category0=
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast