Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shweet. My Seidio retractable just quit working on a long car ride and it was intolerable. I came to see what kind of warranty Seidio had on them (their site doesn't say) and I think this and other posts answers that question. I'm all over this and a quality set of canal buds. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    From this picture
    http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1901_306027737
    it's tough to see how long the cord is. Can anyone tell us?
    Its a little over 3 feet long.
    So did I read it right? The volume control doesn't work with Realplayer?
    Has anyone noticed they don't get full volume with their Seidio adapter? I'm sure I have the control turned all the way up. If I use the straight through simple adapter, I get much, much more volume.
    I like retractible lines - has anyone tried out the Boxwave Dual Handsfree Stereo Adapter or the Boxwave Dual Handsfree Stereo Headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyblow View Post
    So did I read it right? The volume control doesn't work with Realplayer?
    Just got a couple of these. Not correct - the inline volume control on the Insten adapter does work with RealPlayer.

However, I'm still testing it out as a phone adapter. On the one calll I made so far, the person I was talking to complained about hearing an echo of their own voice, and some buzzing.
    I tested out the second Insten adapter, conclusion? -> it's a piece of junk. It works ok as a headphone adapter for listening to music. However, it is worthless for using with the phone. As others have stated, the mic is crap, sends echo and a buzzing sound to the listener, even with the phone 3-4 ft away. I could never get constant volume going to the earbuds, they kept going in and out no matter how much I played with it or switched headsets. The clip to attach the microphone onto your shirt, it busted on my first try. So in sum, it is a $4 + shipping adapter for listening to music. We'll see how long it lasts for that use....
    Last edited by Convert; 09/22/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I tested out the second Insten adapter, conclusion? -> it's a piece of junk. It works ok as a headphone adapter for listening to music. However, it is worthless for using with the phone. As others have stated, the mic is crap, sends echo and a buzzing sound to the listener,
    How come nobody warned me about the buzzing on the other side of the phone call?

Anyone come up with a solution to this problem? T'would be nice to be able to use this adapter (or any adapter that allows you to use a microphone, seeing as how this adapter doesn't allow it).

Oh, and ignoring the "National Day of Mourning" screwing up mail delivery, eforcity was really quick about sending the insten adapter.
    for the price it seems worth it just for listening to music
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    for the price it seems worth it just for listening to music
    I hate to say *bump* but I have to. It's been almost 30 days.

Anyone know anything? I really dislike having to remove the headphones just to take a phone call. Stereo headphones won't work because I want to be able to connect to my car stereo using the cassette adapter. The Insten one was perfect, except for the one "minor" detail.

We need a 4 pole 2.5mm plug (male) on one end, and a microphone and 3.5mm plug (female) on the other end.

Anyone?

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
    http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P..._phone_adapter
    sure MPA-2B does this. quite expensive though.

i also sent a mail out to http://www.jays.se/products.aspx?sub=mjays asking them to make a 2.5mm version. let's hope.

BTW sony HPM-70 headset have short lead that match very well such cords, and sound quality is far better (actually not comparable) to any of the seidio (sorry seidio, i know you read that forum, but that is the objective truth). you can get them off ebay for aournd 10euro including delivery cost.
    i just don't use the cord part. but for 7euro who cares !
    Nice find but still not avalible
    I've had a couple of these. I mostly use them for plugging the Treo (with PTunes) into the car stereo's AUX input. When they're new I use them for calls as well, but that functionality seems to crap out after a few months of use. My solution? Just buy more for $3 at Eforcity, or $0.93 at Amazon as I just saw.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345