Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by question
    No, I ment how do the headphones sound (how are they suddenly good, what relation does "sounds good" have with the insten?), compared to a straight 2.5>3.5mm jack without electronical circuits like the Insten.
    IE http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/337.jpg
    Except that this is from Seedo = life span 30 days hahaha
    I still don't get your question. I never said that they did not sound good previously. The Sony EX71s didn't just get "suddenly good", they've always been good. I just said that they sound pretty good and not cheap when using them with the Insten adapter as some people may think since the Insten adapter has such a low price.

I've only had experience with the Treo 650's included mono headset (connects directly to the Treo's headset port) and the Insten + Sony EX71 sounds waaaaay better.
    you guys wanting more volume and using ptunes, you get much better quality and higher volume using variable bitrate encoded WMA's.

WMA's also play on winamp and convert easily to AAC (via itunes) if you decide to go the ipod route.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I still don't get your question. I never said that they did not sound good previously. The Sony EX71s didn't just get "suddenly good", they've always been good. I just said that they sound pretty good and not cheap when using them with the Insten adapter as some people may think since the Insten adapter has such a low price.

I've only had experience with the Treo 650's included mono headset (connects directly to the Treo's headset port) and the Insten + Sony EX71 sounds waaaaay better.
    You answered it, I thought you were saying the Insten positivly affected the EX71s.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    for those of you wanting to spend less than $40 for a good set of in canal earbuds, panasonic sells some with a volume control for about $20. They are white and I seen them at the electronics section of Rite-Aid

Not sure if it's a good idea to use with Insten tht has a volume control, but for other adapters they are great.
    Both the black and white Sony MDR-EX71s are going for less than $30.00 at Amazon.com.
    A little off topic now, but if you're considering getting one of these in-ear / ear canal headphones, Sony has some that have a built in lanyard. I just got the white version today from Amazon.com. The model number is MDR-NX1 or MDR-NX1A. They look just like the EX51s, but they have an integrated lanyard. They're available in white, black, light blue and red though Amazon only has the white and blue in stock.
    Ok can you explain the variable bitrate encoded, how do you go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    you guys wanting more volume and using ptunes, you get much better quality and higher volume using variable bitrate encoded WMA's.

WMA's also play on winamp and convert easily to AAC (via itunes) if you decide to go the ipod route.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Ok can you explain the variable bitrate encoded, how do you go about this?
    It's one of the standard options that is available in Windows Media Player 10 when you rip a CD to your PC.

Just look under Tools/Options/RipMusic and select it under the Rip Settings (and pick a data rate you find appropiate).

That's what I use for my music I listen to with P-Tunes also...better quality for the space used.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    It's one of the standard options that is available in Windows Media Player 10 when you rip a CD to your PC.

Just look under Tools/Options/RipMusic and select it under the Rip Settings (and pick a data rate you find appropiate).

That's what I use for my music I listen to with P-Tunes also...better quality for the space used.
    Thanks, what rate do you have yours set for?
    I beleive there is no # attached to the rate since it is variable. I select the second to highest. Givie it a try, I am sure you will like it. Make sure you turn off DRM.

There are too many variables with MP3 encoding/decoding that can give you less than satisfactory audio quality.

Also... getting way off topic here. You know you can sync your music from WM 10 and your Ptunes?
  11.    #51  
    I think I have a better soloution then dumping +$$ on the NXs.

if you have your stock headset still laying around, you can pull the rotating shirt clip off it and use it on any of the canal phones from sony, their cables are as thin s the cableas from the headsets.

Remember all of sony canal phones have the same drivers, except for the Qualia series(250 USD)

any photos of the adapter? I'm very excited, I can't wait for them!
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Here are some photos of the Insten next to the Treo. I have the Seidio stereo adapter plugged into the audio-out coupler to compare the size of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (74.0 KB, 361 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (78.5 KB, 339 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (77.0 KB, 305 views)
    Thanks for the pics.....Is there anyway of buying besides going through ebay.
    Thanks for the pics.....Is there anyway of buying besides going through ebay.
    Yeah, the link in the very first post of this thread. There's also a free shipping coupon in this thread somewhere that you can use at that site in the first post of this thread. I just ordered three of these Insten adapters from that site linked to in the very first post of this thread and my total came to less than $12.00.
    Thanks, am having a hard time swallowing this deal as it is one of those to good to be true things, how the hell are they sellling these adapters for this price.
    how the hell are they sellling these adapters for this price.
    They're made in China and there really isn't much to them.
    Where are the Seidio ones made and why do they charge $30 to $35 for theirs?...

Anyway, you don't have to take my word for it that these Insten adapters are pretty good. @ less than $4.00 for one, you should be able to buy one and try one out.
    Anyone know of a supplier that will ship a set of these to the UK? Seems like US & Canada are the only shipping destinations...

Thanks.
    What would be sweet if the utilized the size a little better like putting a LCD screen on it and adding some Play/Pause Forward, Backward buttons.
    What would be sweet if the utilized the size a little better like putting a LCD screen on it and adding some Play/Pause Forward, Backward buttons.
    They could, but then it wouldn't be so cheap AND it would be an additional battery drain to the Treo. Also, I don't think the Treo's headset jack can pass any data beyond audio for the headset and mic..
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast