1.    #1  
    OK....a little help here.

As I got into the car last Thursday my treo belt clip broke and the phone fell, but unfortunately did not just hit the concrete....the timeing wasjust right and the phone got slammed into the car door as I closed it.....I know Great luck on my part....

(for those who recognize my screen name...I took my last device for a swim not more than 3 months ago....it died...shocker!!)

Anyway, my current t600 works just fine despite the impact but the screen is damaged such that about 25% is not functioning. I would like to replace it.

I looked at the Palm site and I could probably get it done for $169...but I can just as easily buy a new T600 ebay for that $$....Is there anyone else out there who can do this little service or am I just screwed?

Help!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs
    OK....a little help here.

As I got into the car last Thursday my treo belt clip broke and the phone fell, but unfortunately did not just hit the concrete....the timeing wasjust right and the phone got slammed into the car door as I closed it.....I know Great luck on my part....

(for those who recognize my screen name...I took my last device for a swim not more than 3 months ago....it died...shocker!!)

Anyway, my current t600 works just fine despite the impact but the screen is damaged such that about 25% is not functioning. I would like to replace it.

I looked at the Palm site and I could probably get it done for $169...but I can just as easily buy a new T600 ebay for that $$....Is there anyone else out there who can do this little service or am I just screwed?

Help!

Thanks
    if you are still under warranty- would your carrier replace it??
    I don't believe that damages like this does not apply for warranty unless you talked to a real nice CS rep. eBay, yes you can buy at that price but make sure you buy from a reputable seller that allows replacements at no or minimal. Otherwise, you might end up spending more $$.
  4.    #4  
    This is my second purchase off of ebay and have been relatively happy every time....that said, I still would like to repair the old one since it appears to only be a screen issue. Warranty is long over for the unit...sad to say. Are there any other options? Any of you treo fixit types willing to fix it?

Skigs
    Too bad for your Treo... I worry about breaking mine all the time. I'd miss it so...

Maybe you could either hold on to the broken one as a spare parts unit? Or eBay another broken one to use as parts for this one?
  6.    #6  
    Counting this unit...I now have 2 spares for parts (I just bought another one on ebay) I guess what I am asking does not seem to exist......

I would have thought someone on the TC board who tinkers and repairs their Treo would have started a little cottage business fixing them for those of us out of warranty.

So I ask....If I had a spare screen that I know works... and I had a Torx screwdriver to open the case....Anyone know how I would make the repair myself

Sincerely....Mr. Thumbs

Skigs
    try www.gethightech.com. they have replacement screens for the 600
    $99 for replacement screen? For that, dish out another $40 and get a working phone off eBay. use your current for parts
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs at 12/19/2005 08:34 AM

Counting this unit...I now have 2 spares for parts (I just bought another one on ebay) I guess what I am asking does not seem to exist......

I would have thought someone on the TC board who tinkers and repairs their Treo would have started a little cottage business fixing them for those of us out of warranty...<snip>...
    I did see someone fix it for one of the moderators. Let me see if I could find the thread.
  10.    #11  
    Along those lines...anyone got a treo with a working screen that they might be willing to part with for less than $99? All I need is the screen.

Skigs
    there are people all over ebay selling replacement screens for the 650. i'm still searching online for instructions on how to do the job myself.
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.