Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Ok. Time for a little update. A developer here was kind enough to create this app. for me. Once hotsynced to the Treo, there is an icon for it in the launcher (just like any program). A simple tap and it works just like when you hold the power button on to turn the radio on or off. Tap once and it plays the little tone that always plays when you turn the radio on and the Sprint splash screen (on my Sprint Treo 650) displays as well. Tap again and it shows the splash screen and plays the tone that always plays when you turn the radio off by holding the power button.

So basically, it's just like holding the power button to turn the radio on or off except it's just a single tap of its icon. The nice thing about it is that it can be assigned to any of the buttons that are assignable in the button prefs. in the main prefs. on the Treo 650.

When you use this app., after tapping it to turn the radio on or off, it always goes back to the launcher you were last in.

I won't tell who made it or how much it will cost. I'll leave it to the programmer to do that.
    After that goofy comment you made about circumventing shareware registrations, you are very, very lucky any developer helped you out, IMO.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know the current status. Hope your mysterious benefactor eventually makes the program available. Odds are it's pretty tiny and I bet it could be quite handy.
  3.    #23  
    The app. is only 6kb.

About that comment. I think you guys' reaction to it was way overblown, especially TAKEphONE. I surely won't be buying anything he makes with that comment he made (yeah I know it doesn't matter if I buy anything from him since I'm only one person / potential customer out of who knows how many). It's like that idea had never occured to any of you. You must realize by now that there are too many people out there that do this.

Anyway, since the time I have posted that comment and retracted it, to now, I've actually purchased at least $200.00 of Palm software. Kind of regretting it now as I think I may be switching over to WM with the Treo 700W unless Palm gets a 700P out soon.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01/05/2006 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I think you guys' reaction to it was way overblown, especially TAKEphONE...
    Hi,

All I said was:

I was about to suggest a simple app for you, but reading this...
    I dont feel like doing this anymore...
    and

Dont want to get into a quarrel here. Just because it can be done does not mean it should be done.
    Never mind.. Enjoy your Treo...
    I would hardly call that "overblown"...

I know lots of people do that, I know lots of people use/share cracks.
    I look at it as a fact of life, and I do manage ok without those people's
    money (and yours).

I usually dont even respond to such things.
    What irritated me was you were asking for a developer to do something for you, while on the same time bragging about how you manage to not pay developers for their work.

There - now you can say I "overblown"...

Happy new year.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I won't tell who made it or how much it will cost. I'll leave it to the programmer to do that.
    Please, just let us know who is this famous developper, so we can contact him !
    I'm very interested with this little application, because sometime I have some problems with my "bluddy" hardware red button ! I press it but nothing happening....
  6.    #26  
    Sorry, but it's up to him to reveal himself and give out this app..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12