1.    #1  
    I'm getting ready to take delivery of a 2006 Toyota Prius in a couple of weeks. This vehicle will have an AUX input (1/8" from what I've heard). Does anyone know whether a stereo 3/32" (Treo's size) to 1/8" male to male cable exists? I found a mono cable that's 50 feet long with these specs on eBay, but can't seem to find anything shorter that's stereo.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Just use an adapter. That is what I am doing right now on my way to Dallas in my two day old Prius. 65 mph & 50 mpg. I have also been drafting behijnd trucks @ 72 mph and 52 mpg!
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I havent seen one anywhere (I'm assuming your Aux Inputs are RCA type with separate Left (Red) and Right (White) channel inputs, but Seidio said they were looking at making one soon
    (2.5mm Male plug that Y's to male RCA Left/Right outputs). I''m not sure of the status

Otherwise, like mg48 saids, its easy to do something like this short 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=94
    and then a 3.5mm RCA L/R Y cable
    http://www.buy.com/prod/AV_multimedi.../10029279.html

That's what I'm doing from my Seidio G4850 Car Cradle.

ps...I heard that Seidio is introducing a new cradle this week that should work well for people wanting to have a cradle to hook their treo to a car stereo. I believe it will be called the G4100 and announced in the accessories forum later this week (and on their website)
    You should definitely use the Seido 2.5mm<->3.5mm adapter mentioned by a previous poster, not the Palm angle adapter, which induces to much torque on the Treo.

I suspect that the OP's auxiliary input, like the one on my car stereo, is a single 3.5mm stereo jack. You can purchase a (roughly 16") grey 3.5mm stereo male-to-male adapter at better Radio Shacks. Sorry, I don't have the part number. The large Radio Shack in Rockville, MD is the only store I've ever found that stocks them, and can probably give you the part number and/or sell you one if you call them. I believe that their phone number is 301-279-7557.

This Belkin product also looks like the right thing, although it's a lot longer than I would like (6'):
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0204836

Also try googling for "3.5mm dubbing cord"

HTH...
    Is the torque from the Palm angle adapter going to be an issue when used in a car? Likely the Treo would just sit on the center console or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    Is the torque from the Palm angle adapter going to be an issue when used in a car? Likely the Treo would just sit on the center console or something.
    I often leave the Treo on the cup holder when I drive (no center console in this smallish car), or tuck it away mostly out of sight into a dashboard container. The torque probably isn't a big deal for this application, but I feel much better not taking a chance. Besides, I can always use the adapter with headphones (not in the car, or course!), and feel much better about using the Seidio adapter.

OTOH, if you already own the angle adapter, I wouldn't worry about replacing it for car use.