1.    #1  
    I gave it a few weeks, and it just didn't work out. I will miss EV-DO, that is about it. I really, really missed the form factor of the treo. It was SO frustrating not having a keyboard at your fingertips! AARRGGHH! Anyway, I am happy to be back.

BTY, if anyone wants my PPC-6700, send me an email before it goes on ebay tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I gave it a few weeks, and it just didn't work out. I will miss EV-DO, that is about it. I really, really missed the form factor of the treo. It was SO frustrating not having a keyboard at your fingertips! AARRGGHH! Anyway, I am happy to be back.

BTY, if anyone wants my PPC-6700, send me an email before it goes on ebay tonight!
    Trade you my "fully functional 650" for your 6700! See:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=102157

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7

Welcome back MarioG7... I too felt the same pains when I owned the 6700. Happy to be back.
    As a previous ppc owner and now a treo user I am curious what you guys thought of the operating system differences? When the Treo7 comes out with Windows will the form factor with Windows operating be a good combo? Just curious of 1st hand opinions?
    How old is your PPC6700? Do you still have all the packaging, accessories, literature, manuals, etc. that came with it? I'll trade you my 2 week old Sprint Treo 650 w/ Sena LeatherSkin (got a hole to match the Seidio battery cover, punched into it at a leather workshop) + Lateral Pouch combo, Seidio battery cover w/ reset hole, and 64MB SD card.
    Shadowmite recently junked his 6700 and went back to the 650 also.
    Welcome home.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    makes me glad i fought all temptation and replaced my old 650 with a new one!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintoro
    As a previous ppc owner and now a treo user I am curious what you guys thought of the operating system differences? When the Treo7 comes out with Windows will the form factor with Windows operating be a good combo? Just curious of 1st hand opinions?
    If WM5 were to get SMS functioning were you only have single threads per conversations this would be a plus for me and several others. I'm a heavy SMS user and this was a pain with the 6700 which created multiple threads.

Im hoping the new WM5 Treo will have this the same as the 650.
    I really like all the features of the 6700 but the different OS, form factor and screen resolution make it hard for a 650 user to make the switch.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I recently switched back to the good old 650 after trying a 6515. There were somethings that were neat, like the GPS and Pocket IE, but all in all I felt that I was more productive with the 650 and that I could do more comfortably with the 650! So I am back, on a different network but I am back !
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Shadowmite recently junked his 6700 and went back to the 650 also.

do you have a link with his thoughts?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    do you have a link with his thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmite
    I left my ppc-6700 for multiple reasons. The biggest being, I just was not satissfied with it after having been a treo 650 owner. I kept with it for longer than all the other converts. I had it from Sep 20th to Nov 23rd. During that time I struggled to get myself as happy with it as I was with the treo. In the end, though I was happy with it, I still just wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be. It's size seems larger than the treo the more you hold it dispite the first time it seeming very very small. The keyboard slider is WAY to loose as everyone else had said. Thus everytime I held it to my ear or pulled it out of my pocket it would open a bit.
    There you go. That's a direct quote taken from his site.
    I have a dell axim x51v and the sprint treo 650. I really use the dell ppc as my storage and games device. Also movies and such. The dell is also used for writing notes in word mobile format. I sometimes get tired of using handwriting recognition so i pick up my treo and use docs to go to type my notes. The treo works very well for dial up networking using bluetooth. Now if sprint would also release a rom update to have a choice of using windows mobile or palm i think i would choose windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    If WM5 were to get SMS functioning were you only have single threads per conversations this would be a plus for me and several others. I'm a heavy SMS user and this was a pain with the 6700 which created multiple threads.

Im hoping the new WM5 Treo will have this the same as the 650.
    There's one called SMSPro in beta from PocketMonkey that does threading.

The SMS app on the 700w is the standard Pocket Outlook (non-threaded) - at least according to the manuals that are out there.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Are you willing to go back to the 6700 once the activesync issue is resolved?

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    There you go. That's a direct quote taken from his site.
    Could you provide a link for that? I can't find it on Shadowmite's site at all. I believe he wrote it, but would like a direct link as it doesn't seem to be "findable" on his site.

--
    Mike