1.    #1  
    I want to get google maps and google local search going - I want opera mini on my treo

I upgraded to the 112 ROM upgrade

d/l the ibm jvm - hotsynched - it shows up in the launcher

but nothing "java" works

???

any suggestions as to what to do next?
    "I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
    What exactly did you sync to your Treo (the filenames), and did you install them into RAM? Java itself needs to be in RAM.

If all went well you should see an IBM Java icon.

If you installed Opera Mini you should see its icon too. You launch Opera Mini via its own icon (and Opera can go on SD). When you do start Opera Mini what happens?

If nothing else, uninstall/reinstall Java. I run Opera Mini and didn't need any other Java support files: I just installed J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc to RAM (from the ARM4T folder).

There are other support files that some Java apps require. For example, I also use KMaps (this uses Google Maps). But it contains the necessary support files when you download it in zip form (fileconnect.prc and pimop.prc). If not the files are in the JSR75 folder.

--
    Mike
  3.    #3  
    oh...

ok

I got opera working -- didn't "do" anything - it just started working... in german

did some searching - figured out how to fix that...

will try KMaps - I was trying to get google maps via the website

"I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
    Why is it that the java files get install into my preference site in my treo650? Anybody knows?