1.    #1  
    So, once again cingular has the 139.99 treo back up on the website and im wondering if it is actually worth taking the plunge to get the phone? I heard some say get it, just for the simple fact i will probably get a refurb later.. but im not to keen on buying used stuff. But waht do you guys think?
    My Treo is one of the Cingular refurbs and I've been overall pleased with it. The first Treo I got from had the backlight issued that didn't seem to get fixed with the update. Cingular replaced it with no hassle and I got another Refurb. Except for some minor cosmetic scratches the device work fine. My first Treo had a few scratches on the battery panel. They we're very small. My current Treo (the replacement) has a weird scratch on the #4 button. There are no scratches on the screen of either Treo I got. Operationally, they both work fine. I've only had one reset in the three works that I've owned the Treo (caused by Versamail).

And I found that my bluetooth headset was causing the backlight issues to return (despite the firmware update). Since I've stopped using it, it hasn't returned. I'm thinking I may not have needed to replace the the first one at all. Oh well.

I'd say go for it. This device has worked better then I expected it to.

Happy Holidays.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Software: 1.17-CNG
    Firmware: 01.51 Hardware: A
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    a warranty is a warranty.
    If I was a college student and really wanted the Treo 650 and couldn't afford the price of a new one, I do believe I'd go for the refurbed one.
    Pat

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
  5.    #5  
    well i also have the option of getting a new one for 199.99 after MIR.. but damn 139? Thats a helluva good price!
    Go for it.
    I just ordered one last night and I'm giving my wife the 600 that I currently use. After reading a few things people have to say about refurbs on these boards, I'm happy about the purchase. I just hope it gets here soon!
    Go for it while they're still available and save your grandparents some dough
    Pat

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    I got one and it was actually brand new, no minutes on the life timer, everything perfect. Granted I had called Cingular to cry about how it disappeared from my cart and then wasn't available as a refurb anymore, but it seems like most people have done well. I don't think I could have beat $139 for my Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyfingerzz
    I got one and it was actually brand new, no minutes on the life timer, everything perfect. Granted I had called Cingular to cry about how it disappeared from my cart and then wasn't available as a refurb anymore, but it seems like most people have done well. I don't think I could have beat $139 for my Treo!
    There is a way of resetting the Treo that will also reset the life timer... But if it doesn't have any blemishes, you got lucky and it's probably a new one.

These refurb. 650's are a great deal as long as you're willing to sign up with a 2 year contract with Cingular which IMHO is a terrible provider.
    My wife's Cingular refurb has been great.. She has experienced some cache related crashes (suddenly bombs after a week of use going into Messaging or such) but overall she loves it and it's working well. Had 1700 minutes but works and loooks perfect.
    Had my refurb treo 650 from Cingular for over a month and very happy with it. If I had to choose between a new and one of these refurbs, I would have no problem with a refurb. They all seem to be in new condition with a good warranty.

It is a little large for a phone (just got my mom a new razr for Christmas - I'm envious) but beats carrying two devices.

Steve
    I use VZW for my service, & after I fried my first T650 trying to do the 1.01 upgrade, I was sent out a refurb- (still w/ 1.01 to this day), & the Refurb feels more solid than the original that was new.

I doubt my refurb is a refurb, because it was so close to the time that VZW originally released the T650.

For the money, I'd pounce on that bad boy!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  14.    #14  
    sweet i think i am! (err i hate 2 year agreements though)
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    It is a little large for a phone (just got my mom a new razr for Christmas - I'm envious) but beats carrying two devices.
    Razr: 3.86 x 2.08 x 0.54 inches
    Treo 650: 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches

The razr is thin.. Not small.
    For what it's worth, I had the dreaded AcDcHalRadio.c reboot problem, so I returned it. Palm replaced it with a refurb that has been great *except* that the sound quality from the built-in earpiece is scratchy. The plug-in earphone is great, everthing else is great, but the built-in earpiece is slightly distorted. I live with it because I don't want to jump from the pan back into the fire.

-Clint