Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a T650 off ebay for 250 and a 1gb SD card for 45 so I'm pretty happy with my finds, but to my dismay the Treo's started turning itself on randomly if the SD card is already in it. It opens the launcher and displays the card's category, which tells me that the Treo thinks the card is being reinserted when it's just sitting there. It's not even if it's moving or anything, just sitting on my desk, it will happen randomly.

I've searched and searched and found one other person with this problem but no one helped him. I hope I don't have a broken device or something

Please help!! I haven't been able to really use my SD card yet since it's too much of a battery drain to leave it in when this keeps happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by iebnn
    I just got a T650 off ebay for 250 and a 1gb SD card for 45 so I'm pretty happy with my finds, but to my dismay the Treo's started turning itself on randomly if the SD card is already in it. It opens the launcher and displays the card's category, which tells me that the Treo thinks the card is being reinserted when it's just sitting there. It's not even if it's moving or anything, just sitting on my desk, it will happen randomly.

I've searched and searched and found one other person with this problem but no one helped him. I hope I don't have a broken device or something

Please help!! I haven't been able to really use my SD card yet since it's too much of a battery drain to leave it in when this keeps happening.
    This happens to me as well. Sprint Store guys told me it was corrupt 3rd party software, I know it's not and I think that was a bogus reason to give anyway. I documented my visit, but had to leave for an appointment so I said I'd be back with my Treo Hard reset for them to see the SD card recognition issues.
  3.    #3  
    This is no good. What am I going to do, I don't have any warranties or anything

Is it the SD card or the Treo that is the issue? Have you tried other SD cards?
    It is not the SD card, I have tried 3 different ones.
  5.    #5  
    This is bad I have to buy a new device then? There's nothing that can be repaired without warranty/replacement?
    Is the eBay seller reputable? They should exchange it if so. If it was a private owner, they need to be reported if you think they knowingly sold a broken device.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    Somewhat reputable but not for electronics. They said "sold as is" but didn't give a good description of it, when I emailed them they just told me about a mark on the screen and said that the case was in good ocndition (it's not - lots of scratches). I'm happy with it for this price, except for this memory card issue. I don't think I want my money back though, it's too good of a price if I can get it repaired somehow or solve the issue through software?
  8.    #8  
    So is this repairable? Or will Palm just tell me to buy a new one?
    This looks more like a bad SD connector. Hardware issue if you have tried other SD empty card and still has the same problem even after hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    This looks more like a bad SD connector. Hardware issue if you have tried other SD empty card and still has the same problem even after hard reset.
    Good point, now that I think about it mine behaves as if it was just that.
    Somewhat reputable but not for electronics. They said "sold as is" but didn't give a good description of it, when I emailed them they just told me about a mark on the screen and said that the case was in good ocndition (it's not - lots of scratches). I'm happy with it for this price, except for this memory card issue. I don't think I want my money back though, it's too good of a price if I can get it repaired somehow or solve the issue through software?
    I'm sorry, but when you asked them, they needed to have said all of what "as is" meant. I would not call that a reputable seller. I don't care how good the price is. If it was that used and scratched up, it means they could have dropped it and loosened the SD connector, then sold it and covered up the problem.

Things like this are why I don't buy from eBay anymore unless absolutely necessary.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. sat
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had the problem when I had my first Treo 650 back in March, but I got Palm to do a warranty replacement.

The Treo would occasionally stop recognizing the SD card, and then eventually the treo would start recognizing the SD card again.

This was quite irritating, not only because having an SD card in the slot was basically useless, but also because with the speaker on, there was a beep every time the SD card appeared or disappeared - which meant that I had to keep the Treo on silent.

The replacement Treo has never had this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Good point, now that I think about it mine behaves as if it was just that.
    I thought you had yours replaced by sprint?
    Somewhat reputable but not for electronics. They said "sold as is" but didn't give a good description of it, when I emailed them they just told me about a mark on the screen and said that the case was in good condition (it's not - lots of scratches).... <snip> ...
    That's the problem, "AS IS" is as bad as you get. You take the risk of getting a good one or a bad one. Buyer beware. (which by the way applies to the marketplace here as well.)
  15.    #15  
    True. It was too good of a deal I guess. I'll look into having it repaired, does Palm or anyone do repairs that aren't just unit replacements (i.e. out of warranty repairs?) How expensive is it usually?

Otherwise I may just try reselling this device, I think I could still get about what I paid. It's a little scuffed up and there's a mark on the screen but it's perfectly usable aside from the SD issue. The SD always works, it just occasionally thinks it's being reinserted.

I have learned a lesson though. But I do want to make the best of this!
    That's the problem, "AS IS" is as bad as you get. You take the risk of getting a good one or a bad one. Buyer beware. (which by the way applies to the marketplace here as well.)
    Yes, but when he asked what they meant, they should have been more honest instead of just mentioning scratches. Bad business not to do so. "As is" IS "as is", but still that was sneaky IMO. I would tell people WHY it's "as is" so they can make an INFORMED buying decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yes, but when he asked what they meant, they should have been more honest instead of just mentioning scratches. Bad business not to do so. "As is" IS "as is", but still that was sneaky IMO. I would tell people WHY it's "as is" so they can make an INFORMED buying decision.
    Some people try to pass a "little" lie. I had at least two eBay experiences that the seller declared slightly used, guess what, I got both none working units. After all, why sell it at a lower price when it could really be lower than it should be.

I would post a negative comment about the seller, if they don't remediate your purchase.
  18.    #18  
    Good news - the seller said they would pay or help pay for repairs if it's not too expensive, and it seems they may take it back and refund me if it's unrepairable or too expensive to repair.

I was trusting of this seller since they specialize in authentic world war II items and it seems they just somehow obtained a Treo to sell and didn't really know anything about electronics or how to describe/test them. They've been communicative and helpful so far so I have hope.

If I send this back, it's going to take a while to find another good deal on ebay I dont want to spend $400, hopefully I can find another around $300 some time soon lol.
    What you can do is add the Lockline insurance offered by Sprint. Add it to your account and an automated system will call your cell phone. It will ask you to push certain buttons to insure the phone is functional. Then the insurance will be activated. Then if you can't resolve the SD problem via software or it keeps degrading, you can get the phone replaced through the insurance. You will have to wait a grace period before being able to file a claim though. It maybe 30 days. I don't know for sure.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I thought you had yours replaced by sprint?
    No, my first trip to Sprint resulted in them telling me it was corrupt 3rd pary software - such a bogus answer. I'll go there next after a Hard reset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast