1.    #1  
    Does it make a difference if you install apps to the internal memory or expansion card? Is installing to the expansion card make your treo less prone to crashes?
    Most apps won't run from the card without some sort of intevention by either Zlauncher or PowerRun. And both of those apps only move the application to the card temporarily and then move it back into RAM to actually work. I run very few apps from the card and prefer to keep data (MobileDB) databases on the card with the app in RAM and it'll view the data from the card and display it in RAM.

The card process will be slower than RAM and personally I think the process of it moving back and forth can cause loss of some data - so I avoid it whenever possible but you'll get a variety of responses.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.