Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I am receiving a 4Gb SanDisk SD card from a vendor as replacement for my defective 2Gb card I just sent back.

They were kind enough to give an "upgrade" to the 4Gb not knowing that the Treo650 can only handle upto 2Gb.

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the 1Gb card from camera is too small for my Treo and is an Ultra II that doesn't play nice with the Treo, and the 4Gb is actually too big for my camera...

So anyone want to trade straight up for a 2Gb card??
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Dude just sell the 4GB card. They go for alot and you can probably get enough money off of it to buy a 2GB card and some accessories for your Treo 650.
    What devices can take a 4gig besides cameras?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think most digital cameras and video cameras with a still shot capability can use them. I know there are some very tiny video cameras as well that use only SD cards.
    I found a post on another forum that says if you have FAT32 then you can use the 4gig. But the Treo only has FAT16, is that true?

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101853

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Kind of. You need the fat32 driver from a LifeDrive. They haven't gotten it to really work yet on a Treo 650.
    Can PPCs take a 4gig? I'd store some movies on it if so.

Not sure. You'd have to look at the specification sheet or manual for the specific PPC.
    Do I need to look under a category on the device? There is no good documentation on the new iPAQs in the manual. I don't even know how to format a card on the device, I hope there are pop-up directions or something.

you can still use the 4GB, but you will only access 2GB... just use it! Maybe you can use one partition for the Treo, the other for your camera.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.