Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there any out there want to make a purchase some time soon. I saw under plat 510 that it works is that true any one out there with one???

Larry
    Sorry, Treo 650 doesn't support that yet.
  3.    #3  
    have they been talking about it? and with what headset?
    Doubtful. Probably will have to wait for the Treo 700s
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    You can kind of do voice dialling using this software which I think is included with the Treo 650:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=145107

You can try this one too:

http://www.voiceit-tech.com/product.php?product_id=50

I read somewhere that the mic on the Treo 650 will pick up your voice and then automatically transfer the call to your bluetooth headset with one of these programs.
  6.    #6  
    but will they work with bt headset I have treo voice dial and paid for it

Larry
    You can't voice dial directly from a bluetooth headset, but I have read in some forum (it might have been here at TC) that you can voice dial directly on the Treo then have the call transferred to the bluetooth headset.
  8.    #8  
    read what it says here under plat 510 thats what it say it can do please help me I want to not have to take the phone out of my pocket just use the headset
    I'm sorry, you just can't voice dial with a bluetooth headset and Treo 650. The closest to voice dialling you can do with a bluetooth headset and Treo 650 is what I've been talking about in my posts above.

You'll either have to wait for new firmware for the Treo 650 that supports bluetooth headset voice dialling or buy a new phone that does support voice dialling with a bluetooth headset.
    What he said...

It won't work with the treo the way you (and many others) wish it did
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11.    #11  
    so what headset is the best bang for the buck I have a jamba bt800 and it blows.. what do you guys and girls have?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I thin you will find that most here use the Sony Hbh-662, which also has caller id like your jabra, and the Sony is much more compatible with the Treo. Alot of people also like the Plantronics Voyager 510, which does not have caller id. I've tried both and think the hbh-662 had less static issues. Volume was better with the Plantronics, but people are also using Jabra ear gels on the Sony to get past the volume issues, just a matter of personal preference if you like using the ear gels.
    What's the point of caller ID on a bluetooth headset? Can you guys really see that caller ID when the headset is on your ears? I see it as a useless battery drain.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Hah, lol, I looked at it the same way too. I thought it was kind of foolish til I thought about it. Say the phone is on the counter or elsewhere across the room, and you have the headset on a table or somewhere nearby, just pick up the headset and look at the caller id on it...take the call, or not. Only thing is the numbers area somewhat small and hard to read.
  15.    #15  
    bpught a bt250v feels great on but lots of static, any solution to that I might just stick with the wired till the bugs are worked out I really want to use the voice dial most of all

Larry
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    bpught a bt250v feels great on but lots of static, any solution to that I might just stick with the wired till the bugs are worked out I really want to use the voice dial most of all
    Get something besides the Jabra 250, not alot of people have too much success with Jabras here, especially the 250...
    A few ideas would be...
    1.Sony HBH 662/660
    2.PLantronics Voyager 510
    3.Treo Wireless Headset
    4.Cardo Scala 500
  17.    #17  
    I have the cardo 500 also every headset I have static on that I have tried I keep the phone in cargo pocket. how far do you guys have the phone with no static?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Depends alot on the headset, actually, the best for me was the Moto Hs850 and the Sony Hbh662.
    Well you can thank the folks who make your Treo 650.
    its unreal they did not re-write the stack as we speak.
    I have a treo 650 that is unlike any in here.It can use voice commands
    using any bluetooth device.I can listen to music,books,etc on my Bluetooth
    headset,in mono,not stero,but better then nothing.Getting it to market is
    harder then making it work.Please dont ask how cause I wont tell,how
    stupid do you think someone is?I know this,it can work,it does work,and
    you may see it one day in 2006.have a great XMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Meandean
    Well you can thank the folks who make your Treo 650.
    its unreal they did not re-write the stack as we speak.
    I have a treo 650 that is unlike any in here.It can use voice commands
    using any bluetooth device.I can listen to music,books,etc on my Bluetooth
    headset,in mono,not stero,but better then nothing.Getting it to market is
    harder then making it work.Please dont ask how cause I wont tell,how
    stupid do you think someone is?I know this,it can work,it does work,and
    you may see it one day in 2006.have a great XMAS
    WTF?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast