1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just bought this Treo yesterday so forgive any noobness.I have the screen protector for the Treo but I am worried to put it on because it looks like if I will never be able to take it off. Should I put it on and not worry or should I buy the ones that are on the TC store?
    You can take them off. They just don't feel good as the others when you write on it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

[QUOTE=Xjett]Hey guys, just bought this Treo yesterday so forgive any noobness.I have the screen protector for the Treo but I am worried to put it on because it looks like if I will never be able to take it off. Should I put it on and not worry or should I buy the ones that are on the TC store?[/QUOTE

If you are referring to the screen protector that came with your Treo, I made the mistake of using it and took me two hours to take them off. You can easily damage the Treo screen while doing it.

Replaced mine with the Boxwaves (or similar brand?) from TreoCentral.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    BS... They come off easy. However the scratch easy and don't look at good as some others.
    I use no screen protector. Screen has suffered no damage from stylus use. And I have the Seidio holster which protects the screen when it's clipped to my belt. That's been enough for me since March.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    I use no screen protector. Screen has suffered no damage from stylus use. And I have the Seidio holster which protects the screen when it's clipped to my belt. That's been enough for me since March.
    -- Josh
    You're very lucky to not have damaged your screen yet. When you say "damage" does that include scratches too?

Xjett, check out this thread (specifically post #17):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100194
    Don't bother with the Palm-brand screen protectors. They're garbage. While it shouldn't take you more than a minute or two to remove it and clean up the little bit of excess gunk left behind, they scratch too easily and disrupt the image. Go for a Boxwave or Brando screen protector. They may be a bit pricey, but they're worth every cent (I've had a Boxwave on my old T3 for over a year of heavy heavy use - no scratches).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm using one of the Palm screen protectors on mine and I've found that I can remove easily. Its a little time consuming though, but it will come off. And I think the protection they provide is worth having.

I haven't tried other brands yet.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Software: 1.17-CNG
    Firmware: 01.51 Hardware: A
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I just got a boxwave. I like it so far but it came with a small sticker on the upper right corner that was a b*tch to remove. Now that upper right corner lost the adhesiveness. They say they're supposed to be reusable - a little water and air dry and it's good as new. Anyone try this? I'd hate to ruin the 95% of it that applied perfectly. Thanks

(to lazy to search right now)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat
    I just got a boxwave. I like it so far but it came with a small sticker on the upper right corner that was a b*tch to remove. Now that upper right corner lost the adhesiveness. They say they're supposed to be reusable - a little water and air dry and it's good as new. Anyone try this? I'd hate to ruin the 95% of it that applied perfectly. Thanks

(to lazy to search right now)
    (to lazy to answer right now....)

I "re-activated" a screen protector, not boxwave, but it worked just fine.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    I highly recommend the BRAND version.
    Got the screen protectors right here at Treo Central... They work great and I have had no issues with them...