1.    #1  
    Just an FYI, you can access your account, to add or delete channels right from your Treo, fast & simple. Go to: https://rim.avantgo.com/login
    It was made for B.B. Rim, but works great on your Treo.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    You can also do so from the Treo Palm AvantGo app on the third tab, unless I'm missing something different here.
  3.    #3  
    Good point, sorry.....I just downloaded Avantgo on my Treo again, after a year. Thanks for the info.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You can also do so from the Treo Palm AvantGo app on the third tab, unless I'm missing something different here.

Third tab?? I tried downloading this yesterday to get NY1 for my update transit strike info. But it the system was down.
    You have to set it to do wireless in the options somewhere.. Be prepared to bomb a little, AvantGo's wireless sync stuff seems to be really flakey. It'll almost always work fine after a reset though. :/
    Wireless sync to treo 650 calendar from Yahoo or Microsoft outlook

Anybody knows if that is possible and how without paying for a subscription but just having an application.
    Last edited by lghitis; 12/17/2005 at 09:27 AM.
    Well I downloaded avantogo and from what I gather it's like versamail a little in it sync's to the server and you view web pages through there servers. It's very fast but am not liking it very much. I would prefer to just bookmark sites in Blazer
    IMO - The biggest advantage to this is downloading all your info wirelessly just before you are going to be without data service for a while. Like just before getting on a long flight.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 01/05/2006 at 09:52 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I have used AvantGo since I had a PalmPilot. It's been a great application over the years.

However, it is showing its age. It takes too long to sync to my memory card on a Treo650 (may be a Treo issue). It is also very flaky when browsing online. I always tell it to go offline when opening or it forces the system to look the page up over the internet. The wireless sync takes much longer on my 650 than it did on my 600 or Kyocera 7135.

The best use I have found is for reading news sites during meetings, on the airplane or other places where data services is not reliable.

It would also be good if the footprint could be smaller on the memory. Even with the channel files stored on my memory card it eats up a lot of memory (nearly 1 MB).

I am not a fan of the RSS or travel additions. They do not format properly and are difficult to use. Plus they add significant time to the syncing process.

Also, in the last year, I've had problems with the system blanking out on my handheld after a wireless sync.

There is no other comparable product. But, I wish they would fix some of these bugs.
    You can move the main AvantGo program to your SD card if you're doing wireless (not hotsync) syncing of it. And if you use ZLauncher, you can move it with a shortcut and it will still hotsync.

Can't move the AGConnect program, but it's not too large. You'll save around 700k moving the main AvantGo program however.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    AvantGo just keeps resetting my 650 whenever I try to run it from the card....very frustrating. Anyone else having this problem?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase
    I have used AvantGo since I had a PalmPilot. It's been a great application over the years.

However, it is showing its age. It takes too long to sync to my memory card on a Treo650 (may be a Treo issue). It is also very flaky when browsing online. I always tell it to go offline when opening or it forces the system to look the page up over the internet. The wireless sync takes much longer on my 650 than it did on my 600 or Kyocera 7135.

The best use I have found is for reading news sites during meetings, on the airplane or other places where data services is not reliable.
    Good points, although the new rss features have re-awakened my avantgo appreciation recently. In addition to the positive points mentioned above, one of the main things I like about avantgo is the ability to create custom channels for sites that do not support mobile viewing or are to big. I use this for a few sites that I like to read and wich don't work well with blazer!

It would also be good if the footprint could be smaller on the memory. Even with the channel files stored on my memory card it eats up a lot of memory (nearly 1 MB).
    Like stated eariler you can move the main app to card via zlauncher, powerrun etc...

There is no other comparable product. But, I wish they would fix some of these bugs.

Actually there is another product called MobilePlay that does alot what Avantgo does and bit more:

http://mobileplay.com/index_flash.php

I tried a while ago, but didn't like how it installed different shorcuts for various channel. But the content seem nice...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    You can move the main AvantGo program to your SD card if you're doing wireless (not hotsync) syncing of it. And if you use ZLauncher, you can move it with a shortcut and it will still hotsync.

Can't move the AGConnect program, but it's not too large. You'll save around 700k moving the main AvantGo program however.

Actually I found a little trick to move the AGConnect app to the card as well by simply moving it to the zlauncher app folder of the main Avantgo app. Once the files are in the directory, Zlauncher will automatically copy and move all the files in the directory by default. Of course, you won't be able to launch the AGConnect app separately and instead go through the wireless sync option in Avantgo, but it seems to work for me the times I tried it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions