1.    #1  
    Just got a HBH-300 (which had been a demo supposedly) on Ebay and am having what may be a problem. The instructions are the worst I've ever seen. I put it in the charger and it started off red for a few minutes and then became green. Does that mean it is fully charged already? I saw somewhere that it is supposed to be charged about 8 hours first, but because this is a demo I have no idea if it was charged and for how long previously. Is this one of those batteries that loses its charge memory if you charge it often before it is all used up? After it turned green I was able to use it for about 3 minutes and then it wouldn't work. I put it in to charge again and it again started off red and switched to green after a couple minutes. Did I get a dud?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Pretty good chance you got it charged since it was a demo. When I first got mine, it did take many hrs to charge, but it was new and sealed.

The headset led is RED when charging and goes GREEN when done... so if it completed in a few minutes, it was already charged. When turned off they use almost no power and you are at the mercy of ni-hm battery drainage loss. Guess you'll get a better idea as you use it this week.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    Pretty good chance you got it charged since it was a demo. When I first got mine, it did take many hrs to charge, but it was new and sealed.

The headset led is RED when charging and goes GREEN when done... so if it completed in a few minutes, it was already charged. When turned off they use almost no power and you are at the mercy of ni-hm battery drainage loss. Guess you'll get a better idea as you use it this week.
    On the drainage loss issue - so this is the type that if you keep charging it before it's totally drained it will eventually learn to charge only up to that point? If so, then maybe the problem is that it was too often charged before it was more fully drained?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  4.    #4  
    bump...someone who has this headset please let me know about the battery type question. I'm finding that if I leave it on all day and use it about two hours a day (and turn it off overnight) it only lasts about 2 or 3 days. I thought it is supposed to last 10 hours talk time and much more more standby? I didn't buy it new (got it as a demo from eBay) so I'm wondering if its battery has memorized a lower charge point or if it is defective or something.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Actually I was probably wrong. I think the 300 uses a Lithium Ion battery and not a NiMh. In either case, both battery types do not suffer "memory" to the degree that NiCds do.

So if you use it 2-3 days @ 2hrs each, that's on avg 4-5 hrs of actual talk time usage. This is probably a realisitic time for the battery usage. I get about that average myself (I'm on the headset atleast 3-4 hrs a day). I just charge it every night along with my Treo to simply avoid running out of juice when I least expect it.
  6.    #6  
    But I thought this was supposed to be up to 10 (I know..."up to"...but 4 hours is not even close to 10) and much much longer in standby (which I assume means turned on but not actually on a call).
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    10 hrs of talk time I am use is under "ideal" conditions. Best I've gotten is alittle over 7 hrs of talk time before I had to charge it.