Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Here's one I've seen before but have yet to figure out what causes it. I switched batteries in my phone, everything seemed to work, synced, then when I pulled out the phone the light stayed on for some reason. Couldn't turn it off. Looks like a freeze. Hmmm... haven't had that in a little while. Yank off my skin, open back cover, pull out battery to ensure good connection... and I'm screwed. Every single application is now unregistered and that's like 20 of them. How have the rest of you dealt with this issue and what causes it? It is a serious problem and has happened before, especially when I first got the phone.

I'll say this about Volume Care. It is BY FAR the most painfully annoying software I've ever encountered since if it isn't registered it will rear it's ugly head every time the phone turns on, sometimes seemingly resulting in my phone being frozen. Until I could mercifully retreive the serial number and get rid of the prompts, I wanted to throw the damn phone at the developer (no offense Jeff!!!)

Anyone else figure out a good way to deal with this? Apparently restores are challenging and it's a whole lot better if we can identify the cause.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This happens to me from time to time, it usually depends on what I am running, CallFilter was doing it to me like once a day. Here is how I handled it the first time it happened.

I went to my Backup folder on the computer, in the Palmone folder. I found the Saved Preferences file and put it on my palm via the memory card, (you could install it through hotsync, but don't just hotsync for it will be replaced with your new saved preferences file.)

Then from here on out I do a weekly if not daily back up with Resco and I also copy my saved and unsaved preferences to my card every few days as a back up. Just reinstall it and it will come back.

Butler I think has an item to help stabilize the problem, and DBcache tool helps with it as well, I am limited in my knowledge so I am sure others will post and say if I am right or just barking up a tree.

Good luck.
    I back up everynight and for good measure keep extra copies of my prefs files on my SD card.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    It happens to me weekly because of butler (known problem). I restore a backup copy os saved pref and I am good to go.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Have a look at my post here:Line:263, Pref DB Open Error Syndrome SORTED!
    I had this problem. Now completely sorted.
    Sorry, the signature is temporarly down for maintenance.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Thanks guys -- as I figured, this means purchasing yet more software to make my Treo stable. Many of these utilities should have been built-in, especially after the backup after many of these issues have become so prevalent.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    How do you like that? The good folks at Resco provided for free what Palm should have done and long time. Hear that you lazy bastards!!!!!

Resco actually has been one of my favorite developers for a long time. Made the best quality and overall value software for Smartphone and also for Palm.
    This happened to me one time. I had a good backup program on my Treo the next day.
    From your other posts, I'd thought you moved to PPC by now. Was I wrong?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!