1.    #1  
    Since updating my Cingular Treo to the latest ROM and updating Xpressmail, I've noticed that it is sometimes slow to respond to turning on and turning off. Anyone else see this?
    I've done a couple of soft resets and still get this slow response sometimes.

Laurie
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriefoss
    Since updating my Cingular Treo to the latest ROM and updating Xpressmail, I've noticed that it is sometimes slow to respond to turning on and turning off. Anyone else see this?
    I've done a couple of soft resets and still get this slow response sometimes.

Laurie
    Hey lauriefoss - When you say slow to turn on or off can you elaborate on the keystrokes and what you are doing? What exactly are you turning on and off?
  3.    #3  
    when the phone is in sleep mode, I press the red phone to wake up the screen before pressing the center button to unlock the phone. sometimes the red phone button is slow to wake up the screen.
    when the phone is in sleep mode, I press the red phone to wake up the screen before pressing the center button to unlock the phone. sometimes the red phone button is slow to wake up the screen.
    That's what I figured. I'll bet you are running with the Push option turned on as most people would. If you turn this off temporarily you will likely see this condition go away. Check it out and report back. I can feed your data to some people in the SEVEN Beta program as they are the makers of XpressMail.
  5.    #5  
    That seems to have been the problem. when I turned off the push option and tried a few times to turn on the Treo it responded as it used to.
    So I guess I'm not the only one with this issue? Do you know when a patch will come out to fix this?
    That seems to have been the problem. when I turned off the push option and tried a few times to turn on the Treo it responded as it used to.
    So I guess I'm not the only one with this issue? Do you know when a patch will come out to fix this?
    Ok tks. Unfortunately I don't know of any patch for this. A couple more questions that I know will be asked when I report this:

1. Is your phone coverage pretty consistent or do you roam in and out of Sprint coverage?

2. Do you constantly receive a lot of emails, about how many a day?
  7.    #7  
    1. I have Cingular coverage. I don't roam at all.
    2. I receive about 5-10 emails per hour monday through Friday
    Had the slag time as well. Typically after lying dormant for a period of time or when I've got a weak signal.

It's almost as if the Treo is doing something before it lights up.
    I have the same problem. Serious lag time while using the Push feature with the recent update for XpressMail.
    Since updating my Cingular Treo 650 it is also slow to respond. I use the VersaMail program that came with the device.
  11.    #11  
    I've had the XpressMail push feature disabled for 2 days and have not had a prolonged "wait" to wake up my device. I must say, though, that the wake-up is still slower than before the update.
    I also miss push.
    Is anyone working on this problem?
    I had PXA Clocker on my unbranded Treo 650 working fine. Then I updated my firmware and software to 1.71/1.20-APR and started having slow wake ups from sleep mode. Eventually I figured out that by deactivating and uninstalling PXA Clocker, the problem went away. Hope this helps someone.
    I've had the XpressMail push feature disabled for 2 days and have not had a prolonged "wait" to wake up my device. I must say, though, that the wake-up is still slower than before the update.
    I also miss push.
    Is anyone working on this problem?
    One thing you could do is turn on the "scheduled sync" feature. It's not a solution but at least your device would pull in mails on a scheduled basis and you likely won't see the lag issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmommy73
    Since updating my Cingular Treo 650 it is also slow to respond. I use the VersaMail program that came with the device.
    This is interesting. You don't have XpressMail but yet you see this problem through VersaMail? That adds another good piece of data to the puzzle.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Cisco187 - I am having the same problem with an unbranded 650 with the same firmware. What did you use/do to delete PXA Clocker?
    I had the same problem after the last sprint update. Fixed it by disabling bluetooth. It's worth a shot at least.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    That is not an option for me. I use bluetooth all the time.
  18.    #18  
    I hate to confuse the issue, but email clients may not be the answer here. I have been off work all week, and so have turned off both XPress Mail and VersaMail. Off. No push, no scheduled synch, no synch period. And still, several times when I've pushed a key to wake up the screen prior to pushing the center button to unlock the Treo there has been no response. Wait a couple of seconds and push again and it will wake up. I use different keys, and get the same slow response.
    Suggestions anyone?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have tried to determine if the wake up problem is in the add-on software I have or is inherent in the firmware I have.

So I have tried waking up a 650 running 1.71/1.20 with all my normal software and the same unbranded 650 after a hard reset and no additional software added other than that which comes with the phone.

The result is the 650 after the hard reset performs normally with no wake up problems.

My next step is to add back the software one program at a time.