Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Seriously, will he ever stop adding new titles and just work on making those he already does stable?
    does not it look like volumecare by gotreosoftware
    Treoing & Loving it
    "Let VolBooster fix your hearing problem."

I thought the problem was the earpiece volume. My hearing is just fine...

Wonder where they got the idea for this app?

I'll stick with the original...
    Wow, they ripped off yet another idea. Way to go!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Wow
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have had nothing but bad experiences with this company, from apps to tech. suppt, I agree with post #2, they need to make what they have work so they can build customer confidence back up to want to try new products from them, I have volumecare so i'll sit this one out.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    It does
    I'll never forget when ryan rife was the first with sound recording on the 600 (SoundRec) and within a few days mvoice came out. Then the same thing happend with the video recorder. Probably a coincidence.
    I tried it and it didn't change my volume levels at all. Infact they seemed lower....
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    I tried it and it didn't change my volume levels at all. Infact they seemed lower....
    Sounds about right...pun intended. Don't worry, they'll add more features to it soon so maybe the lower volume won't bother you?
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Wow, they ripped off yet another idea. Way to go!!!
    Yup, Toysoft probably did rip off Jeff at GoTreo. If you look closely, you'll see that it almost entirely resembles VolumeCare and being that he most likely ripped off Jeff's product, I would advise everyone to NOT buy anything from Toysoft (mostly because of this unethical behavior) but also because Toysoft seems to make software that full of bugs and they also seem to not respond properly to their customers and then they go to the extreme of ripping off a very good developer that works hard to make products that are original and work flawlessly on the Treo. For me, I think that is completely uncalled for and despicable.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject.

Happy Holidays!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    Yup, Toysoft probably did rip off Jeff at GoTreo. If you look closely, you'll see that it almost entirely resembles VolumeCare and being that he most likely ripped off Jeff's product, I would advise everyone to NOT buy anything from Toysoft (mostly because of this unethical behavior) but also because Toysoft seems to make software that full of bugs and they also seem to not respond properly to their customers and then they go to the extreme of ripping off a very good developer that works hard to make products that are original and work flawlessly on the Treo. For me, I think that is completely uncalled for and despicable.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject.

Happy Holidays!
    I agree about the lack of ethics and shoddy development & support. What's sad is I have always thought that their products were overpriced anyway....even before I knew how buggy they were (I bought lightwav when it first came out...what a waste of money)....yet this newest ripoff is cheaper than VC. That, of course, means that they will sell many copies...

I hate to see this happen to Jeff, a good developer.
    - Albert Einstein
    I have never bought from Toysoft and, given the huge consensus about poor customer support that apparently exists, I may not for a long, long time.

That said, I don't get this claim of "unethical" behaviour for cloning someone else's software. Isn't that called "competition" and isn't that generally considered a good thing?

I dunno... haven't we seen and accept this sort of behaviour in a plethora of other industries? Just look at all the Treo-like designs we are seeing now from other companies. Nobody seems to be crying foul over those. Why vilify Toysoft for similar behaviour?

The customer support thing, yea, it sure looks like they deserve it on that count, though.

Just my two cents...
    this guy is jack of all trades and master of none. maybe 10% of the applications have received good reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    http://www.toysoft.ca/images2/vboost_1.jpg

http://www.mobireach.com/upload%5C22...Phone_Mode.JPG

That's just WRONG. Pathetic move by Toysoft.

I have always been a Toysoft supporter. I've bought several of there apps (Lightwav, PAR, NFL Schedule etc.) but no more.

I won't buy another of their products again.

What losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

That said, I don't get this claim of "unethical" behaviour for cloning someone else's software. Isn't that called "competition" and isn't that generally considered a good thing?
    I'd just prefer to give my money to those developers who are innovators...who find a need and go out and make a solution for it rather than wait for someone to do the hard work, then come behind them and put out a program that only copies what others have done.

I also notice that those developers who focus on a small number of apps that are closely related (Rob at Hobbyist, Shimon at SHSH, Marc at Chatter, Jeff at GoTreo, CESD at Pimlico, etc) put out far better products and and more responsive to customer issues than Toysoft, which at the current time has 40 apps on PalmGear from the ever popular ringtone manager to sports scores, to games, etc. When you try to be all things to all people you really don't do any one thing particularly well.

And from all customer input, reliability of each of these is spotty at best. I've had the same experience, and have had less than courteous responses from the developer when contacting with issues.

Put these all together and I'd much rather spend my money elsewhere.
    Toysoft should be ashamed of themselves.
    I can guarantee that every single person who has responded on this thread had bought a "rip off" product and continues to do so on a regular basis. There is absolutely nothing unethical about Toysoft putting out a product to compete with Volumcare. That's just business. And there is nothing unethical about putting out a "bad" product. Perhaps he is working up to his potential. This is where the consumer needs to take responsibility for their own actions. There are trial periods with software... if you don't like it then move on and don't buy it.

It just seems to me that some of these comments are a little hypocritical. You... and I mean ALL of you... make these type of business practices prosper ever day. Every single one of you would buy a "copy" product if it was cheaper than the original and worked. I for one have NO problem with being given an option to make a choice.
    Personally I don't mind them developing a similar product either.

I mean the same argument can be made about Chatter vs. Snapper. One had to come first and the other does the same thing and therefore is a copy right?

What I do have a problem is when a developer makes a copy which is exactly like the original (as seen in the images I posted above.) If you're going to steal someone else's idea at least add your own spin to it. To simply steal the code and slap your name on it just isn't right.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast