Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes, I just don't understand the mentality of MTDN.

Maybe they just really feel the need, desperately almost, to align themselves with developers. What I don't understand is why they wouldn't think defending a developer who copied code wouldn't alienate other developers.
    They have had a relationship with this developer for quite some time. Its either a good friend or a business relationship( $ ) . They have defended them since day one, as I said , when they made them a featured developer ( after they were getting hammered in post about bad products ) I stopped going there. You just knew it was fishy.
    As regulars of http://mytreo.net know, we are not in the habit of banning members or Star Developers. On the contrary, we believe in including everyone and letting the free flowing exchange of ideas and perspectives determine things. That is what we are doing here.

We are neither supporting Jeff over Danny, nor Danny over Jeff. We are simply leaving them both alone in the forum and allowing the membership to post what it wants, download what it wants, and review how it wants.

I will point out that Star Developers do have administrative controls over their own boards. So if you want to make sure your comments are out of their reach, you should post them in the other public areas. On the same note, we ask everyone to please use the forum for debate, rather than posting jabs at people as reviews in the download section.

If you feel we are handling this improperly, feel free to send me an email or a PM on http://mytreo.net. We'll certainly take all feelings into careful consideration.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenft
    As regulars of http://mytreo.net know, we are not in the habit of banning members or Star Developers. On the contrary, we believe in including everyone and letting the free flowing exchange of ideas and perspectives determine things. That is what we are doing here.

We are neither supporting Jeff over Danny, nor Danny over Jeff. We are simply leaving them both alone in the forum and allowing the membership to post what it wants, download what it wants, and review how it wants.

I will point out that Star Developers do have administrative controls over their own boards. So if you want to make sure your comments are out of their reach, you should post them in the other public areas. On the same note, we ask everyone to please use the forum for debate, rather than posting jabs at people as reviews in the download section.

If you feel we are handling this improperly, feel free to send me an email or a PM on http://mytreo.net. We'll certainly take all feelings into careful consideration.
    This is a strange post because I remember reading,"Oh, and don't bother quoting threads from TC - most of us wouldn't read a thing over there if you paid us. We came here to get away from exactly the sort of thread you're trying to turn this into."

rosenft.

You comments are greatly appreciated. They are clear, concise and I think you've made your stance on the issue very clear.

I'm just not sure that one of your moderators calling a member "childish" and telling them to "move to Iran" and telling them "Oh, and don't bother quoting threads from TC - most of us wouldn't read a thing over there if you paid us. We came here to get away from exactly the sort of thread you're trying to turn this into" can be considered what you yourself say is "neither supporting Jeff over Danny, nor Danny over Jeff. We are simply leaving them both alone in the forum and allowing the membership to post what it wants, download what it wants, and review how it wants."
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    rosenft.

You comments are greatly appreciated. They are clear, concise and I think you've made your stance on the issue very clear.

I'm just not sure that one of your moderators calling a member "childish" and telling them to "move to Iran" and telling them "Oh, and don't bother quoting threads from TC - most of us wouldn't read a thing over there if you paid us. We came here to get away from exactly the sort of thread you're trying to turn this into" can be considered what you yourself say is "neither supporting Jeff over Danny, nor Danny over Jeff. We are simply leaving them both alone in the forum and allowing the membership to post what it wants, download what it wants, and review how it wants."

Yes. You are right that some of those comments by one of our mods was out of line. I apologize.

Ummm, if that is true, why are MTDN staff members posting their feelings?

And I reviewed a download EXACTLY how I wanted, yet it was deleted.

On the same note, we ask everyone to please use the forum for debate, rather than posting jabs at people as reviews in the download section.
    Seeing as the VAST majority of MTDN's inflated membership is composed of people who only go there to download software, and NEVER read the forums, I actually think it is very appropriate to make comments about a developer, their software, their support practices, etc in the download section, where potential customers will actually get to read it.

Just my 2 cents, of course....bet you wish you could "smite" me here, huh?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Yes. You are right that some of those comments by one of our mods was out of line. I apologize.
    You deserve Kudos for that comment
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I agree, that is commendable.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Ummm, if that is true, why are MTDN staff members posting their feelings?

ExtraordinaryJoe, we encourage our moderators to contribute their feelings. Everyone gets to say what they want. Nobody is censored.

I realize that we walked the line when we deleted your "review" about VolumeCare. However, I believe you will find us protective of your right to express your feelings --including the ones shared in that review-- if you post them in a propper context, such as one of the software forums.

It certainly isn't our intention to silence you. By all means, we hope you will speak your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT

Thanks Chas and ExtraoridnaryJoe.

I appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Personally I don't mind them developing a similar product either.

I mean the same argument can be made about Chatter vs. Snapper. One had to come first and the other does the same thing and therefore is a copy right?

What I do have a problem is when a developer makes a copy which is exactly like the original (as seen in the images I posted above.) If you're going to steal someone else's idea at least add your own spin to it. To simply steal the code and slap your name on it just isn't right.
    One post said it lowered his volume. Does volumecare also behave like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Seeing as the VAST majority of MTDN's inflated membership is composed of people who only go there to download software, and NEVER read the forums
    Raises hand
    Can't we all just get along?
    Now if Jeff would release a BETTER version of that LightWav by ToySoft (NO bugs), will that bring down ToySoft? I wonder........
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    As a new jack I must say WOW! ....It's like that.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Plz give me a simple answer to a simple question:
    - Is this a war between the two forums?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Plz give me a simple answer to a simple question:
    Good question.....Now if it was everyone's choice, where would YOU rather be in, MTDN or TC?
    I'm happy here
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang

Course not....with 4 million Treo owners, there is plenty of room for multiple success stories.

TC has an awesome forum with fabulous leadership and members. We wish everyone here well.
    I think this has nothing to do with the forums. Both are great. Personally, I have thought Danny was a copy artist since I saw him pop out apps within days after infityball did. It has happened several times. I find Jeff's story disapointing. Nice going smiley
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast